PDA

View Full Version : The DHL Man Brought Me Another Hondaline Item!

Maine_Triker
09-08-2005, 05:22 PM
A nice Hondaline fairing..... :w00t:

Feels good to finnally have one of these... sure it's not as nice as one that's been stored in a box for 20+ years.... but it is a Hondaline fairing and that's what counts :D !

Now to find the mounting kit :wondering .

Phil

Kintore
09-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Not bad MT not bad at all. Was that the one you were talking to me about?
Sweet deal, now if you find that mounting kit it will look alot better on your trike than on the floor :)
Find that Kit!

Maine_Triker
09-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Not bad MT not bad at all. Was that the one you were talking to me about?
Sweet deal, now if you find that mounting kit it will look alot better on your trike than on the floor :)
Find that Kit!
That's the one :w00t:

We'll have to find another one for the 200e too! :D :D

Phil

ATCwithdrawals
09-08-2005, 08:15 PM
There ya go MT, good find. Did you get it on ebay ??

Huffa
09-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Nice, real nice! What trike is it going on though?

1DEADPRESIDENT
09-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Nice find Phil!!! I thought about trying to get one of those for my 200x. Post some pics once its attached to something. :naughty: :lol: :lol:

Maine_Triker
09-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Yup got it on eBay... it will be going on the 250R. :D

1DEADPRESIDENT
09-08-2005, 11:36 PM
I actually bid on that same one. I wasn't at home when it ended and from what I remembered the winning bid seemed like a deal to me!! I thought that auction included the 250r hardware.

Maine_Triker
09-08-2005, 11:45 PM
I actually bid on that same one. I wasn't at home when it ended and from what I remembered the winning bid seemed like a deal to me!! I thought that auction included the 250r hardware.
Actually, you didn't bid on this one... and yes it was one heck of a deal :D:D:D:D

Phil

1DEADPRESIDENT
09-08-2005, 11:53 PM
SOMETIMES THE HARDER THEY ARE TO FIND THE BETTER :w00t:

350x'inNY
09-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Yup got it on eBay... it will be going on the 250R. :D

Hmmmmm..... seems like I have a 83-84R Mounting Kit still in the Hondaline bag here.... Got to wait and see what bracket is "behind fairing #3" that's coming. I might just have to sell you the kit I got here.... I'd hate to cut/fab on a NOS mounting kit to frankenstein it to fit a 82R.

I do have 4 of the number plates and only one windshield. I'm sure you'd like a nice, short, black rubber number plate on your R wouldn't you??? :beer

Maine_Triker
09-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Hmmmmm..... seems like I have a 83-84R Mounting Kit still in the Hondaline bag here.... Got to wait and see what bracket is "behind fairing #3" that's coming. I might just have to sell you the kit I got here.... I'd hate to cut/fab on a NOS mounting kit to frankenstein it to fit a 82R.

I do have 4 of the number plates and only one windshield. I'm sure you'd like a nice, short, black rubber number plate on your R wouldn't you??? :beer
IMO the short number plate looks better... but I'd hate to give up the windshield in case we abort the "Old School Racer" and go for an "Ice Racer".

There was a windshield on eBay... had you seen it?

Keep me updated on that mounting kit :naughty: How would you like a nice NOS speedo mounting bracket for the 250es you're getting?? :naughty:

1DEADPRESIDENT
09-09-2005, 12:10 AM
I'd keep the fairing the number plates are easy finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

350x'inNY
09-09-2005, 12:16 AM
I'd keep the fairing the number plates are easy finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who asked you..??? Guess 350X gearboxes are easy finds too then..... :wondering

1DEADPRESIDENT
09-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Don't you have school tomorrow? Hmmmmm.... :twisted:

RichinMO
09-09-2005, 07:35 AM
Yeah trading a windshield for a number plate is like trading a 350x mud flap for some 110 mud flaps.

350x'inNY
09-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Yeah trading a windshield for a number plate is like trading a 350x mud flap for some 110 mud flaps.

Well, if you have a mint blue 110, and you don't have a 350X, then a trade could happen. Since he was putting it on his 250R, I thought maybe he'd want the race type number plate. The windshields look kinda dorky on a sport bike... look better on a 200S or something. I'm just offered it up as a "win-win" for the both of us. Thanks for all the comments. :rolleyes:

Either case, a fairing isn't much good without the Hondaline "trike specific" mounting hardware! Hmmmmmm... you might be able to balance it on your fender for a few pics, but that's about it! :D

RichinMO
09-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Sounds like you have an extra number plate so why don't you just help a brother out instead of trying to take his windshield? Plus in another post you want to trade one of your precious 350X gearboxes for 1DP's 250es gearbox until he has a negative opinion of your number plate trade, and then you just start taunting him "since it's so easy to find, blah, blah, blah" :rolleyes:

350x'inNY
09-11-2005, 01:04 AM
Sounds like you have an extra number plate so why don't you just help a brother out instead of trying to take his windshield? Plus in another post you want to trade one of your precious 350X gearboxes for 1DP's 250es gearbox until he has a negative opinion of your number plate trade, and then you just start taunting him "since it's so easy to find, blah, blah, blah" :rolleyes:

Well.... maybe you should just not worry about it.... Maine Triker and I along with some other "closer friends" here on the board deal and wheel all the time... we lookout for each other and pick up things for others and trade things back and forth.....Heck, even today, I drove a ALT50 and a complete 81R rear axle.... extended +4 axle, brake drum, and bearings out to some members. I got the 81R axle for a BIN of $20 and $25 shipping. Did I "try to make a buck on it??" nope... did I "take advantage of anyone? nope.... You just know what your closer friends on the boards need/looking for and try to pick up stuff ..... I consider Maine Triker in that "inner circle" of people....

....and yeah, I was seriously thinking about trading that 350X gearbox to 1Dead, but forget it....I don't know him nearly at all and he starts spouting off about it... I don't owe him nothing.... if he thinks finding Fairing parts are easy, then good for him. Seems like there's been a flood of them lately, but I went years without seeing any. Just cause I got a 4:1 ratio of the # plate to windshield doesn't mean the number plates are that much easy to find. So yeah... I got a little sarcastic to make my point that using his logic, 350X gearboxes must be easy to find too since I got 3 of them. So basically, I don't think you and 1Dead really need to "look out" for Maine Triker.... we'll BOTH be quite happy soon once we do some good exchanges like we've have in the past.

RichinMO
09-11-2005, 01:28 PM
....and they all lived happily ever after, the end.