PDA

View Full Version : NEED IMMEDIATE HELP! - Wheels at the PowderCoater!

thedeatons
09-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey Guys,

I need some help quick, as it could save me some cash...!! As some of you may know from my posts, I am restoring a 185S. I have the wheels at the powdercoater shop along with the backing plates for each wheel half. The two front wheel halves have the backing plates spot welded in place, so they are not a question. The rear wheels have seperatable backing plates. I do not know how they came originally, but bikebandit.com shows a backing plate on the inside rear wheel half only. I need to know if that is correct or if I need a backing plate for the inner and outer wheel halves? PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks, James

freewheel3
09-07-2005, 07:57 PM
All 4 of my '83 185s' have backing plates on both inside & outside of the rear wheels.
They fit pretty snug inside the rims, are you sure there will be room for them to fit in there after pc?

thedeatons
09-07-2005, 08:14 PM
Okay, that's good news, because that means that I took him the correct amount of backing plates... bad news because I don't save any money by only needing two! He is very confident there will not be a problem, I asked him that specific question by the way... I trust him, as he has done lots of quality work.... Great input thanks! James