PDA

View Full Version : The X got beat all day lol

toyvette81
09-05-2005, 10:16 PM
well today at the park i 1st raced a yfz 450 with 13.5:1 compression ported & polished,cam, etc.... (wow) that mofo was fast lol, i was ahead for about 20 ft then he was leaving me constantly and im sure i only pulled b/c he was spinning more than me (its sandy) i tried sitting back to get traction and i almost landed my front tire on his front tire so you gotta just spin, the guy has had 2 350x's in his time and he told me i should really put a 10.5:1 piston in it and get the cam, he said that we would be about the same racing, b/c it was not that bad of a race. he said i would then be Almost unstoppable like he was
then i raced the z400 with a little work, pipe, jet. and thats it i think. and he wasn't hard to leave like usuall
then i raced a honda 450r with pipe, jet, upped revlimiter, ignition, lowered and thats all he said, and i pulled him for mabye 40 ft then he slowly passed, and he too said that i should work on mine and it would be a very fast bike, and that i would have beat a stock one.
then i raced a 400ex again with a pipe, jet, k&n and i 4 get what else he said and me and him were tit for tat the whole race, he won by a few feet the 1st time and i won by the same ammt the 2nd time and the 3rd was even (im sure he had more than the pipe& jet the thing sounded awesome)
so pretty much all day today i got my arse beat lol, apparently the limit right now for my x is mostly stock bikes with just a pipe and jetted,
im in the process of figuring out if my bike is stock or not, the guy said it was that i bought it from 6 months ago. but it just seems to run too good you know?
but the guy that has had 2 said thats about how his ran when he got them running right until he bumped it up to 10.5:1 and camed it

toyvette81
09-05-2005, 10:27 PM
i did get 1 video, i got some 1 to hold the cam for me, it was the race against the 400ex with a few things done, but the bad news is its one of the races we did not get to finish nor count b/c i hit some massive holes in the road and had to pull out of the race. but we did get to 4th i think?, i am getting it on a dvd now and will hopefully be able to load it to here somehow

Speedster700HP
09-05-2005, 10:40 PM
The only ATVs that I couldn't take on my old 350X were the 2-strokes, but MAN 4-strokes have come a long way since then! The YFZ can rev to 10,750 rpm and has around 45 HP, compared to the 350X at about 27 HP and it could hit somewhere around 9000 rpm max safely. (Although to be accurate, the power drops way off after about 8000 rpm or so for both of them) You would have a long road ahead to be able to overcome the 20 years of technology in the new 450s since they aren't too much heavier than the X either.

But even if you can't take them, there's no reason to not do those mods anyway, all the better to whip the other quads at your local riding spot, especially Warriors. :beer I used to terrorize this guy on a Warrior at my local spot, since he was always king of the hill until I showed up with the X. The next sportiest quad was a Quadsport 230, which was a dog. In fact, I just rode a Quadsport for the first time yesterday, it was like a snail!!! It barely even had enough power to slide the rear around, I had to use body english! No wonder he was always so far behind me on the trails and of course the drags. But even the 350 Warrior is like a golf cart next to today's top quads, better start moddin'!

toyvette81
09-05-2005, 10:52 PM
technology is ok but they havn't came that far, old dogs can eaisly run with new ones, old everything runs good they did not have the emission limitations and etc..., the corvette in the 1960's runs with the ones today if you take those 5in/ wide bias plys off the back and put some 14.50's on there, another example is a simple push lawn mower, the 35yr old ones with a 2 1/2 hp motor on them will cut grass twice as thick as a new 6.5 hp one and pull a go cart faster. thats why motors are getting bigger in most everything except cars really, b/c in order to keep up and barley overcome their old (smaller) motors they have to up the cc's thats why they come from the factory very limited to their true potential, the factory could eaisly stick with a 250 or 300cc and make that thing run with their new 400's & etc. if they did not have the limitations. but it would pollute and bla bla bla (but we get to change anything we want, but they cant come that way) just like a street bike or harley

my dad has a 97 warrior and me racing that thing is like a civic racing a lambo, he's wide open at the end of my 3rd. raced it about 10 times today

1DEADPRESIDENT
09-06-2005, 11:51 AM
:w00t: Try this one, my mostly stock 85 200x always got the holeshot on my polaris sportsman 700. Yeah the polaris weighed 750 with no rider and needed 50 yards to outrun the 200x on the top end . Power to weight ratio is where its at thats why the 350x and the Atc lineup are great runners. I am waiting to see a 450r or Yama Z swap.

Blown 331
09-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Not this again.

Lomax
09-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Not this again.
????

I ran mine hard all day Saturday, I get a kick out of running around on a old 350X and all these new quads around. I get alot of looks but most of the guys know what it is and they enoy watching me cruise the sand on it. Brings back memories they say. I was amazed but there was actually another 350X out there this weekend, Only confimed siteing of one in that area so far.

TeamGeek6
09-06-2005, 02:02 PM
so pretty much all day today i got my arse beat lol, apparently the limit right now for my x is mostly stock bikes with just a pipe and jetted,

You didn't get beat, you ran well with a stock bike against modified engines.
I made 2nd place in D11 AMA my first year because I attended every race and participated, even though there were other guys with faster machines. Geek 6 and Geek 7 took both District trophies that year.

Sounds like youre up on them on riding skills - THATS where its at.

toyvette81
09-06-2005, 05:14 PM
yeah i was pleased to be honest, but those 450's are awesome

bigred1981
11-04-2006, 03:44 PM
The old 350X is a hard one to knock. They are 20 and 21 years old but for their time and even now they can be a handfull at times. I"m just amazed with mine and the stock power, let alone mods. I'm thinking of getting a 450R sometime in the future but the 350X is never for sale.

threewheelin-feelin
11-04-2006, 04:19 PM
The old 350X is a hard one to knock. They are 20 and 21 years old but for their time and even now they can be a handfull at times. I"m just amazed with mine and the stock power, let alone mods. I'm thinking of getting a 450R sometime in the future but the 350X is never for sale.

thats a statement of a true diehard triker...i say the same about my 350x but id like to get a 250r and a 450r some day too

mudbogger
11-05-2006, 11:17 AM
I have had many 350x's in my time, and everytime I ride it brings out the feelings of goodtimes, camping and just trailriding.My 350x with its gearing, sprokeys, cam, carb,etc may not beat the 450r,s etc but when I want to just go trail riding, exploring over rough terrian, it is the BEST IMO there nothing better,the others dont have that capability, which to me is a great edge the old school guys like myself have over the newer rides, versabiltiy.

Dont get me wrong, the technology these days they have is unreal, EFI on a trike, who would have thought back in the day?they have made great strides in the quad world, and the 4 stroke tech also is unreal, but I perfer to jet myself, set low end idle, etc just call my old school bogger I guess.

bigred1981
11-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Yea I think maybe the old 350's are so good that some quad guys and trike guys alike find bad things to say about them. Seriously, 350X owners know, point that old trike towards the woods and drop the hammer and anybody no matter what they ride would be @$E#@@'n their pants. Straight line drag races mean nothing in this case. I know a guy who had a 450R that he raced and he wouldn't even try the old trike because he was afraid.. hahah:TrikesOwn

random-strike
11-05-2006, 03:52 PM
am i the only one here who is going to call this guy out on his bs?????

my 350x has 11:1 compression and is 393cc and i get stomp'b by my buddies yfz450 and its stock with white bros' exhaust

and i dont pull his yamaha 660 util very hard either...

sittinguy
11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
even if you went with the FULL 472 kit you would still get beat. keep it real