PDA

View Full Version : 360r for air cooled

gotballs 250r 82
09-03-2005, 03:49 PM
I have been here for a few years. And i never hear about the old school air cooled 360 head for the R.... Has anybody seen one on this site or any place . I would love to have one them. I think the name of the maker of the head was mugen i have search it but come up with 0

firefirefire90
09-03-2005, 04:05 PM
360?! I have heard of the mugen motors for the 85-86Rs. Nothing like a 360cc displacement. THat is nuts! I have seen duncan racing kits and such with the 350cc and the Hondaline 300R kit for the 81-4 type air cooled motors, and plus the DG cooling heads for the airfoolers, wow..360! Now that would haul some ass...450s...watch out!

EDIT: Search this thread, you will find it. Or go to www.3wheeler.org. Someone over there has one i belive.

OldSchoolin86
09-03-2005, 04:16 PM
360?! I have heard of the mugen motors for the 85-86Rs. Nothing like a 360cc displacement. THat is nuts! I have seen duncan racing kits and such with the 350cc and the Hondaline 300R kit for the 81-4 type air cooled motors, and plus the DG cooling heads for the airfoolers, wow..360! Now that would haul some ass...450s...watch out!

EDIT: Search this thread, you will find it. Or go to www.3wheeler.org. Someone over there has one i belive.
Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about, way to post on. Give it some time gotballs 250r 82, someone that knows what they are talking about will post shortly.

350x'inNY
09-03-2005, 04:20 PM
I have some old school (no pun intended) Dirt Wheels and 3Wheeling mags from 1981-1983... they have a few ads for the Mugen performance items.... In a hurry now to get to town and "Chase Balloons", but will have time later to research and scan you up a couple pages. I went up in my first hot airballoon ride this morning... awesome!

Bruce

firefirefire90
09-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Oldschooling, why would you just buy the head? I mean wouldn't it be better to get the whole system? Seems dumb to just get a 360 head for a 249 motor. Or am i just blowng smoke outa my ass? Someone please explain this to me. I seem to be the retard of this board at the moment.

slothminx
09-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Ohh dear firefirefire90 youve got no idea have you lol. yes you are blowing smoke out your ass and lots of it. Ill try not to go at you. where you measure the displacement of an engine, is the size of the cylinder when the piston is at BDC (bottom dead center) even mugen cant make the head change the displacement of the cylinder. the head yes does have a certain volume to it and is not flat to the top of the piston (lol pretty serious compression) but im afraid you will not be able to bolt on a head to your 200x that will change it from 200cc to 250cc etc. would you please get your facts straight and get some basic knowledge before you come on here telling everyone what to do. it is why people keep refering you to the post whore thread you will find people will keep doing it unless you stop posting about something you know nothing about.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=40139&page=1

will

firefirefire90
09-03-2005, 04:59 PM
oh im not tellin people what to do, i mean i know you cant do that with a 200x. four strokes and two strokes are comletely diferent machines, im trying to learn more about this shaving head business but i guess i just know more about 4strokes than them 2 strokes, oh..and i think im buying an 81 250R, so i'll learn pretty dang soon. The other 85 is just to much work an im givin it away to a friend. Sorry if * all feel that way, not tryng to be a "post whore".

slothminx
09-03-2005, 05:08 PM
ok sorry about that i have got it out of my system now. im afraid for you that it is the same for both 2 and 4 stroke motors shaving the head does not change you displacement it increases the compression. you will see compression ratio's quoted lets take 10:1 for ease with an engine that is 100cc two or four doesnt matter it is the same. ok so on your downstroke you fill the cylinder with you fuel/air charge at 100cc then when the piston comes back up this 100cc's of charge is compressed into 10cc's in volume. get it now??. its the same with 11:1 just the numbers i used are easier to work with. you see changing (or shaving) the head will not be how you will get a higher displacement its for when you want that higher compression i hope you have a clearer picture now;)

will

firefirefire90
09-03-2005, 05:11 PM
ah, i see what you mean. So shaving the head just increases compression and not displacement. but now that you have higher compression you have more power? ive done this on my 200x, right by the valves. I guess since i never started a stocker i feel a whole lot of that stuff cuz of all my mods but if you take an 81R, shave the head, you will have much better compression = power? So the more milled the head, the more compression = higher power...i think ive got it.

gotballs 250r 82
09-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Well i think you all need to exchange phone numbers. So i can get some good replys from some trikers! That have seen or know what are talking about with the 360. Can anybody tell me something :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

200xman
09-03-2005, 06:59 PM
It was a complete kit that included a head, cylinder, piston,pipe, silencer, carb, air filter, reed spacer, intake and some other misc parts. It retailed for $850 in 1983 and it looks like from the ad you had to have the cases machined and the crank rebalanced for an additional $150. I dont have a scanner or I would post the ad. I will try to take a picture of it.

deathman53
09-03-2005, 09:03 PM
I wonder why they stopped selling it?? or why they released the 300r kit instead of keeping the 360 kit, probably because the cost of case machining, and I can't imagine it was all that reliable. to go 110 cc over thats a huge piston for the crank to handle, unless it was a stroker kit, but still it would be hell on the crank. wasn't there a guy on this site with a 360 kit, I think it was a 81 he had.