PDA

View Full Version : Tecate Guys

BigGreenMachine
09-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Who does the best port work on the old first gen Tecate? I have a spare cylinder that I want ported.

James

1984kxtTECATE
09-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Holeshot racing up in washington does good work, but they are very....very....very slow, I have heard there customer service sucks, the guy who owned my first gen t 3 had it done by mpracing, but he is closing his doors. Another place by me, redline racing I belive there up in washington, does a great job a lot of banshee guys have there stuff done there. I havnt heard many complaints about them from my local forums, . Madman engeenering seems like it would be a good bet, Ive read a little on there site, I havn't had any experince with them so officaly I couldnt say.

Fox250R
09-03-2005, 02:35 AM
I dont have a tecate but he does awesome port work on anything..His shop is called "fun in the sun racing"and his name is mike. His shop is in portland oregon..I won't take my trike to anybody else!!! :)

BigGreenMachine
09-03-2005, 02:57 PM
I just don't want some mad scientist working on a cylinder they've never worked on before. Nobody is experimenting on my parts. lol I'd do CT Racing but they suck on customer service too.

1984kxtTECATE
09-03-2005, 03:11 PM
I just don't want some mad scientist working on a cylinder they've never worked on before. Nobody is experimenting on my parts. lol I'd do CT Racing but they suck on customer service too.

Well it just occured to me, hit up sprock racing, the dude loves tecates and Im shure he has ported more than one first gen T-3.

BigGreenMachine
09-03-2005, 04:35 PM
waiting on a reply back from their sales dept. let you guys know the details when i find out.

James

Billy Golightly
09-03-2005, 09:44 PM
BGM, I was thinkin of sending my CR500 cylinder to CT Racing, but you were not happy with them? Seems like I remember their turn around time being horrible for you from what I remember.

BigGreenMachine
09-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Theres nothing wrong with their work its just it takes so damn long to get any work done and sent back to you. Was almost a complete year waiting for them to sleeve two Tecate cylinders for me. Never again will I send them parts.

Billy Golightly
09-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Theres nothing wrong with their work its just it takes so damn long to get any work done and sent back to you. Was almost a complete year waiting for them to sleeve two Tecate cylinders for me. Never again will I send them parts.

A YEAR?!?! Holy ****! I definetly wont be sending my cylinder to them if thats how long it takes.

2strokepwer
09-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Try Kleem Research. :D

BigGreenMachine
09-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Try Kleem Research. :D

They still in business? Addy? Number?

69HemiGTX
09-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Your best bet is to get in touch with either Corey Sprock (Magoo) or KingOfKawies over at Kawie Riders dot com. They work with each other and do a lot of Tecate stuff, plus they also have big-bore kits and coolheads for your T3. I hope that helps you.

:TrikesOwn

hrc85250r
09-05-2005, 12:24 AM
klemm research is still in business...BUT they are mainly a parts store/ dealership now from what i can gather...i called them once about pipes and they said they havent done that in almost 20 years....KLEMM RESEARCH 139 N. MAPLE CORONA, CA 91720
1-909-272-8480...im pretty sure they are all older guys too...not sure though...

Billy Golightly
09-05-2005, 11:09 AM
I didn't think Klemm did anything but watercraft stuff anymore? That'd be sweet if they'll still do a trike cylinder. Please let us know what they say BigGreenMachine.

2strokepwer
09-05-2005, 11:24 AM
I didn't think Klemm did anything but watercraft stuff anymore? That'd be sweet if they'll still do a trike cylinder. Please let us know what they say BigGreenMachine.

I talked to them a couple of years ago and they were still porting cylinders and cutting heads to your specification on any ORV.

2strokepwer
09-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Here is you a list that should be helpful to all people compliments of mywifeknowseverything

http://www.motocrossjournalmag.com/detail.asp?id=173