PDA

View Full Version : 85 250r

wolff
09-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Hey everyone. I recently bought an 85 honda 250r 3 wheeler for $160. Main thing was engine was in good working order. Needs alot of work but i've always wanted one, and now i do. :lol: I'm looking forward to rebuilding it but i wanted to enjoy riding it for a while first before it hits the shop. It had a bad ignition coil and was misfireing. I replaced the coil and started it, it ran great. I turned it off, went to get my helmet to go for a ride, and it wouldn't start again. I'm no mechanic, but have some experience. Any suggestions where i should start. Thank you. I look forward to being a member at 3 wheeler world. Later.

TeamGeek6
09-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Good buy!!! Youll love it once its running right.

The coil might not have been bad, could be a bad connector on the coil. Try taking them off and squeezing them closed a little with pliers (dont crush them) and putting them back on. It shoudl take a little force to push them on. Also wiggle the wires on the CDi plugs - mine ran like crap due to a loose pin on the CDi.

wolff
09-02-2005, 12:20 PM
I know the coil was bad because the spark plug wire was hanging on buy treads. But you may be onto something with cdi. I unplugged it after it ran, and i had a devil of a time getting it out. Bike was neglected for long time. I bought required material to rewire whole bike cause i don,t want to chase bad connections for next 3 months. Thanks for advice, i'll post results.