PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my freshly arrived Honda ATC

DavidBulzan
09-02-2005, 12:11 AM
Today... I went to go pick up my ebay bought 1985 Honda ATC 200s. It said it worked but, i didnt think it REALLY REALLY WORKED. On the way here, i a mini-van, i constantly wanted to go to the back of the van and mes around with it, inspect it, spend some quality time with it. Never did. So the anticipation built up. Untill i got home 5 hours later. (BTW, it sucked to pay for gas to get there! $3.30\g) I push it up the hill and away from my neighborhood, to start it and not wake the whole neighborhood. First pull, it starts, it runs, i go gently through the first 3 gears, just savouring the relaibility of the machine running under me. IT RAN SOO STRONG! BEYOND EXPECTATION! I intentionally ran it in a ditch (v-shaped), and let it sit there, with the back wheels at the tip of the V. I wanted to test power. Gently pressing the gas, the tank just purred out of there, and when i got to the top of the ditch, i hit the gas and tested speed. also, a success! I am SOOO happy, and proud of honda for making such AWESOME, RELIABLE engines. I am lucky.. I payed 375 and got everything from an extra set of wheels, awesome sprockets, no rust, ect.. I will clean it- i also have some awesome paint ideas, for when i make it look as good as it runs. i will now describe this paint job:

Main chassi, gas tank- very dark, matte gray paint
components (intake box, all plastic)- shiny black paint.
hoses and medium\small tubing- see through neon green, or orange- i'l have to see
seat- either black or brown leather (vynil)
Fenders- Havent decided yet.. Most likely a jet black (but maybe not) once they're all in "brand new" condition. I wont be using them though, only in extreme cases..

Here are some pictures!

I'm changing the lighting system as well. Thinking of putting some small super bright fog lights, and a stop light. But theres a problem.. The thing doesnt have a battery setup. So, if i were to put something, i'd have to make a battery holder, get a battery, and mount it through that with my own connections. I would want a battery because your headlights are much brighter that way.

brendan802
09-02-2005, 03:34 AM
If you want to do the battery setup you'll need to pickup up a regulator/rectifier or else you'll be blowing light bulbs all night long. Get a Big Red 200e or 200m or 200es regulator and then you could do the wiring yourself if you know how to do it. I'd check your stator coil before doing anything else. Check it to manual specs and if its ok then go ahead with the wiring if the stator coil is good. I'm pretty good at wiring so if you need help drop me a line and I'll do whatever I can to help. Nice find though and I hope you enjoy your trike :TrikesOwn

P.S. I have a spare regulator for a Big Red 200es that will work for your setup. Wiring specs. are available at the 3ww.com homepage.

TrikerR
09-02-2005, 08:15 AM
go to www.rickystator.com and get a higher output lighting coil so you can run highter wattage lights.

mx600
09-02-2005, 10:11 AM
It looks like you've got a 250sx headlight on there now.

Also, about your paint idea, here's a pic of my '84 200s frame, I sanded and painted "hammered black" from rustoleum. It's sort of what you were talking about. And you can find seat covers on ebay in about 8 colors for $25. I got red, and the color is a perfect match to the plastic.

DavidBulzan
09-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Dude, that looks beautiful! Very very nice. I have a different idea for the seat. Much more economical and beautiful. I'm going to a fabric store. Getting a 2x3 piece of vynill and getting the all material "adhesive spray" which basically bonds any any fabric (my brother did an awesome job on his car with this stuff- doesnt look cheap), and you can make it tighter if you want or reshape it, and make it look very spify all for the price of the material and adhesive. Ofcourse i'd have to re-staple it to the actual seat on the reversed side. Heres a picture of the job done on my other one, with the same method.