PDA

View Full Version : anyone have an esr air filter/airbox eliminator kit they can take a pic of

hrc85250r
08-31-2005, 06:17 PM
hey, i just got one, and it doesnt seem like it fits right...it hits stuff and i just dont know....i wanted to see how it mounted cause my motor is apart right now and i cant really see....any pics would help me out figuring out whats up....thanks

Dammit!
08-31-2005, 08:12 PM
I have one but it's not hooked up. Seems to me like you'd need to cut one of the airbox mounts off the frame to make it fit right and even then it looks like it would be rubbing on the shock pretty good. I'd like to see one on a TRX. There's got to be some differences there because it just don't seem to fit the ATC properly.

I gave up and bought a Uni clamp-on, then I gave up on that (gets dirty way, way to quick) and took a heat gun to the airbox boot so I could go back to using my airbox mounted K&N. The trick way to mount that eliminator would be to do a little cutting and welding to the tube so that it clears the shock and airbox mount. Looks like if you just cut two or three circles out of that tube, flipped them over and welded them back on, you'd have the proper clearance. Don't have the tools to try it though.

If you're determined to run without an airbox, the Uni works real well and slips right on. Would be great in a less dusty environment.

hrc85250r
08-31-2005, 09:28 PM
i was thinking that they would make an extra long aluminum part with an extra mount somewhere for the tube itself....learned my lesson i guess i should ask them what its all about first....maybe i'll make my own...