PDA

View Full Version : I claim temporary insanity for that post. New question!

kimmer250r
02-12-2003, 12:24 AM
Alright, I kicked my own ass for even thinking about selling my R. Temporary insanity I guess. Anyway, I have a set of aftermarket Mugen front forks for my R and am wondering if I should go for making them match my R or leaving them gold so people will know they are mugen's? I'd like to strip the gold off of them and polishing them so they match my R, but then I also would like people to know that I have the aftermarket mugen forks. What to do!!

Joel85350X
02-12-2003, 12:50 AM
Kimmer,

I am a little biased toward polishing, so that is wht I suggest. Are there any really good Mugen graphics that you could install on the forks after they are polished? That way you still get the looks, but the forks match.

If you still had the gold rims I would suggest keeping the forks gold...

kimmer250r
02-12-2003, 12:55 AM
I'll probably polish them and copy the decals that come with them but make the decals yellow and red instead of orange. I plan on polishing my side cases and 310 cylinder and painting the center case yellow to match the frame.

Joel85350X
02-12-2003, 12:13 PM
Wellalrightythen.

Sounds like you have a plan. Maybe you should also keep an eye out for an X of some sort. :)

200x Basket
02-12-2003, 12:23 PM
i have a set of the mugen forks and the sliders look stock except the bottm was machined for the adjustable valve. if that is true i say get your current forks machined to accept the valve and leave the mugen sliders alone.

ATC crazy
02-12-2003, 07:50 PM
I would leave your forks alone. It adds character to your machine and will give you, your friends, and strangers a conversational piece. People will also know that you went 1 step further in your restoration. ;) My $0.02