PDA

View Full Version : Spindle collar

Ordo
08-27-2005, 12:01 AM
I've had a problem with my 85 250r since I've bought it. When you kick it over it slips most of the time. But if you shove the spindle in while you kick it works fine. So it seems like the starter rachet is worn or the pinion. Well I bought a good used one off ebay awhile back and went to put it in today. The old rachet and pinion are in fair shape but I put the newer ones in.

My problem is the spindle collar that I took out is smaller than the new one by length and thickness. I think who ever worked on the bike before me might have put in the wrong collar. The collar on the left is the new one and the right is the old collar. I think that the new collar might fix my problem as the old collar might have been to short and wouldn't hold the pinion against the mid section of the spindle to were the rachet could engage fully. Some help here would be greatly appreciated.

Howdy
08-27-2005, 06:46 AM
My problem is the spindle collar that I took out is smaller than the new one by length and thickness. I think who ever worked on the bike before me might have put in the wrong collar. The collar on the left is the new one and the left is the old collar.

2 Lefts? Just trying to get the correct information here.
Howdy

Ordo
08-27-2005, 10:14 AM
2 Lefts? Just trying to get the correct information here.
Howdy

Sometimes it feels like I've got two lefts.