PDA

View Full Version : Chip out of the sleve.

trikes4life
08-24-2005, 11:30 AM
I tore apart my friends 185s motor (first one i have ever done) to repace the rings and gaskets. And i discover there is a chunck of the sleve broken off the size of my thumb. Should i split the case and get the chunck out or leave it in there. This is my first ever working on the motor. I have a clymer manual for it.

bigredhead
08-24-2005, 11:35 AM
GET IT OUT !!!

for the love of god... don't leave that in there.....

For your sake.. i hope it was removed a some other time and not in the tranny.. phew,.

chris200x
08-24-2005, 11:38 AM
I tore apart my friends 185s motor (first one i have ever done) to repace the rings and gaskets. And i discover there is a chunck of the sleve broken off the size of my thumb. Should i split the case and get the chunck out or leave it in there. This is my first ever working on the motor. I have a clymer manual for it.

:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

Are you kidding?

sblt500r
08-24-2005, 01:11 PM
well it probably broke off awhile ago and the tranny has already chewed it up. now theres all little tiny pieces in the bottom of the cases. there must have been pieces of metal in the oil filter?

TeamGeek6
08-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Remove the pieces and JB - Weld (here I go again - JB WELD ) a ceramic magnet (not plastic) inside the case to catch metal shavings that might be floating around. One shaving so small you cant see it can wreck a bearing instantly. Sharp pieces can go through an oil filter so might put a magnet in there too.