PDA

View Full Version : Need some help here..

nouseforaname90
08-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Ok guys. I am looking to finish up this restore (all except the frame and plastics, of course) this week, and I need some help with the grabbar/taillight.

Would this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4570267731&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
mount up to:
http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&grp=35&mfr=2
the standard grabbar??

If not, what taillight WOULD mount up to it that is not from like a 250R or something? I want a LED taillight, atleast.
Thanks guys!

grundlegrabber
08-23-2005, 07:14 PM
If you're looking to mount a light to that grtab bar, looks to me like yer gonna have to drill some holes and fabricate some bracketry no matter what light you choose. Doesn't look to me like the bar comes with any provision for mounting a light on it. I'm sure you could use that cross light (not sure why you'd want to), but you are going to have to devise a way to mount it.

nouseforaname90
08-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Ok. Well whats the right amperage or w/e? Could I get any taillight??
I've been looking at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-ATV-FLAME-ENGRAVED-6-LED-TAILIGHT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43980QQitemZ45 70162890QQrdZ1
Is that the right amperage? Would it hook up correctly?

nouseforaname90
08-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Noone?? I'm hoping to get this taillight tonight or tomorrow morning.. help fast! :(

wheelie king
08-23-2005, 08:51 PM
I wish I could help you. I don't know, but I have seen people use the LED trailer lights, like for a boat trailer, and it work on their quad. It looks trick. Bet it would work on the trike! I am not an electrical wizard, so I cannot answer your questions about amperage. I can tell you than a trailer LED taillight, purchased at wal-mart, works on my buddy's 400 EX and looks good. Clear until you grab the brake or switch on the running lights. A little angle aluminum or some diamond plate for a mo0unting bracket, and I think it could look damn trick. Again- My opinion. Just trying to help.

twgranger
08-23-2005, 08:52 PM
I bought a prm grab bar for my z and it didn't have a tail light mount. I had to make one myself.

nouseforaname90
08-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Ok. Thanks guys. Now all I need to know is if its the right amps :(

firefirefire90
08-23-2005, 10:48 PM
why not just buy a used one.

grundlegrabber
08-23-2005, 10:49 PM
You dshould not have a problem with the voltage or amperage running any of those quad taillights. LED generally has less amperage draw than regular incandescent bulbs. Don't worry about the power draw, go ahead and get the one you want. Your main concern will be the mounting bracketry.

nouseforaname90
08-23-2005, 10:57 PM
No. Mounting bracketry is going to be no problem. One of my grandpa's friends is a very good welder and he has done some stuff for me on this bike, and he's done a great job on all of it. I'm going to take the grabbar, taillight, and picture of the stock setup to him and tell him to go at it.