PDA

View Full Version : t3 question about gear oil?????

p_hefe
08-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Can anyone tell me how much gear oil is supposed to be in the 1985 kawasaki tecate 3 wheeler? I cannot get an answer anywhere. I am new to the trike community, but already love my new toy. I have been riding quads most of my life. I need HELP. Also if anyone has manual or copies of a manual, I would be interested. Thanks, p_hefe Salt Lake city, Ut

bigredhead
08-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the boards... sit down have a beer and do some reading.. lots to learn here.. great place !

As far as the oil goes... I don't have a T3.. but usually you either have a fill rod on the oil cap" Dip Stick " .. or a transparent window that shows oil level.. or even a fill hold with a bolt in it....

That or worst case.. remove oil.. measure.. and put same amount in.. but i really don't recommend that !! hahahahahaha..

someone here will fill you in shortly tho.. sure of it !

Rex Karz
08-23-2005, 04:25 PM
Don't know about the 85's but the 86-87 Tecate says 0.8 Litre on the case but it's actually 1.2 !!! Doesn't your trike have a sight glass? Fill it to the middle of the sight glass.

OK, just read the 85 manual. It says 0.7 litre. Prolly more like 1.0+! Thre is a sight glass right below the water pump.

Next!

p_hefe
08-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks, Rex. I did not know that there was a window. I found it and filled it half way through the glass. It took .7 liter. p_hefe