PDA

View Full Version : New 2me Yamaha 225 Shaft with minor problems

200x84
08-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Hello.
Today I got a yamaha 225 shaft and need help fixing some of its problems. I just got it so I have not had a chance to go over it and Im not familiar with it so any help will be apreciated.

Problems:
Brakes; front and rear
What type of brakes are they?
The front cable has been cut and seems the hardware on the forks is missing.
The rears supposedly need adjustment but are also not working and the PO could not explain how to adjust them.

Starter:
The starter does not work. PO never had it working. Supposed to have a new battery. I will test the battery tomorrow. Anyone have any schematics or can give me some tips on where to start. I will put 12v on the starter and see if its working.

Also need to find a manual. Any leads?

edog
08-23-2005, 08:27 AM
You can get the manual at www.denniskirk.com. You will find most of what you are looking for there.Post some pics of that bad boy. :welcome:

JUAN A TOLSA
01-02-2007, 10:37 PM
well first of all whats up my name is juan i live in miami. flo i never heard of a shaft till the other day my boss got one in the shop i work i ve had 3 wheelers now for just about 12 yrs mainly honda 250rs then i got my hands on a susuki 125 and a kawasaki 110 so now i have 4 in total but im intristed in finding out about the shaft model cause most likely im going to stay with the one at my job. i could recomend a place that might have the hand book of your bike and also try 12 volts it might work

edog
01-02-2007, 10:44 PM
well first of all whats up my name is juan i live in miami. flo i never heard of a shaft till the other day my boss got one in the shop i work i ve had 3 wheelers now for just about 12 yrs mainly honda 250rs then i got my hands on a susuki 125 and a kawasaki 110 so now i have 4 in total but im intristed in finding out about the shaft model cause most likely im going to stay with the one at my job. i could recomend a place that might have the hand book of your bike and also try 12 volts it might work
Say what????????????????:wondering

mark38090
01-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Say what????????????????:wondering

DiTTo... HaHaHa

mark38090
01-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Try taking the starter apart and give it a good cleaning... Otherwise you can get a rebuild kit for it for about $25.00 from www.crosstec.com