PDA

View Full Version : flooding atc 70

Aussieboy1
08-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Hi guys have a 83 atc 70.. It seems to be flooding all the time
1 could it be the float has a hole in it ??
2 could the needle need raising in the seat ???

bigredhead
08-22-2005, 09:31 PM
if the needle was fine.. since 83.. chances are good it's just fine now.. have you added a pipe... KN filter.. ported etc... ? if not.. leave that alone.

The float however.. have you taken the carb apart lately ? when was the last time it ran ?.. why do you say it's flooded ? does it leak gas out the overflow ? etc.....

wheelie king
08-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Float sticking from a worn needle. Try a carb rebuild kit or do some testing to make SURE your floats are not sticking. That's my initial thought. Good luck and keep us posted.

Aussieboy1
08-22-2005, 09:35 PM
It just runs very rich and blows alot of black fuelly smoke

bigredhead
08-22-2005, 09:39 PM
How much oil does it burn ? per how many tanks of gas ?

I had a friend with a 200m ... burned half a quart of oil per gas tank.... son of a gun had to stay behind otherwise we'd all choke...... lol...

Is it hard to start ? do you have to run with the choke on ? etc...... How clean is your gas tank ? rusted and cruddy or sparkling clean ?

Hornetpowerspor
08-22-2005, 09:50 PM
You can buy a carb kit here in the states for about 16 bucks. Some things to check first.......
The gas tanks rust on the inside. Make sure there is nothing caught in the inlet needle & seat.
Check your float by submerging it in mineral spirits, gas etc... for about 5 minutes. You can do this in a clean coffe can or something. SEt something on top of them like a socket or whatever you can come up with without damaging the float. Pull it out, wipe it off and shake it and listen for liquid in either side. Before removing it though, let it float and look to see if one side is heaver than the other.
Another possibility is the main jet could be loose. I have seen them fall out, but when that happens, they usually dont run.
Try that ank keep us posted.