PDA

View Full Version : What are you supposed to use to attach the rear fender garnish on a 350x???

Maine_Triker
08-22-2005, 04:09 PM
I finnally got a rear fender garnish, it's not mint but it is fine because I'm going to drill in it anyway for the fender extensions.

Anyway... those little screws that you use to attach it to the fender... where do you get them... or does anyone have any extra hanging around?

Thanks for any help.

Phil

Fox250R
08-22-2005, 05:02 PM
I though garnish was something you see on your dinner plate?

chris200x
08-22-2005, 05:22 PM
I though garnish was something you see on your dinner plate?

Lol... yes I don't think parsley will hold. Are they small flat screws with nuts or more like rivots? Are you talking about that black mudflap type thing on the rear fenders of a 350X post a pic if you can please...

brapp
08-22-2005, 05:29 PM
i have a ton of the little screws and soem of the hardware if your interested i would ship it for basicaly the cost of shipping.

Maine_Triker
08-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Yes, I'm talking about the black mudflap thing.
http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/a0/23/cb_1_b.JPG

i have a ton of the little screws and soem of the hardware if your interested i would ship it for basicaly the cost of shipping.

That would be cool, brapp. I don't have any of the hardware to mount it so I need everything. My ZIP is 04781. PM me when you get a chance. Thanks!

Phil

DeePa
08-22-2005, 10:02 PM
theres some of the hardware on ebay cheap....sorry i cant find the link but its there

dividebyzero
08-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Your not related to Hondaline Hartman are you? lol!

350x'inNY
08-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Your not related to Hondaline Hartman are you? lol!

Mr Phil-me-in is getting pretty close... hahahaha

However, I can't believe he'd put that 86 mud flap on a 85 350X... :naughty: I got a great 85 350X one for a rear fender flare project... I bought it off a member on the board here and later noticed a corner of the end piece is broke off. Just a piece covered under the fender flare!

Bruce

Maine_Triker
08-22-2005, 11:13 PM
However, I can't believe he'd put that 86 mud flap on a 85 350X... :naughty: I got a great 85 350X one for a rear fender flare project... I bought it off a member on the board here and later noticed a corner of the end piece is broke off. Just a piece covered under the fender flare!

Bruce
There is a difference between the 85 and 86??????? :wondering

350x'inNY
08-22-2005, 11:17 PM
There is a difference between the 85 and 86??????? :wondering

But of course..... oh Hondaline Jedi..... Want me to "Phil" you in there Grasshopper? :p :p

Professor Hondaline

PS - (I call you grasshopper, cause you ugly like insect!)

Maine_Triker
08-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Well no one told me that lol. Oh well, I guess this will just be another "temporary solution" :rolleyes:

EDIT: Yes Bruce, my trikes look way better than me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :beer

350x'inNY
08-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Well no one told me that lol. Oh well, I quess this will just be another "temporary solution" :rolleyes:

Man.... don't mean to burst your bubble... the only difference is the decal.... chin up lil fella!

Bruce

Maine_Triker
08-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Man.... don't mean to burst your bubble... the only difference is the decal.... chin up lil fella!

Bruce
Well I was going to have to replace the decal anyway. PHEW... now I can sleep tonight!!!

ATCnut
08-23-2005, 12:26 AM
I had a problem with the brass inserts pulling out of the fender of my 85 350X. I ended up removing them all and tapping the plastic with a corse thread bottom tap. There is a bolt that fits the hole well. Put it back together and it has been fine ever since. I know it is not exactly OEM, but works good

SmokinX
08-25-2005, 06:54 PM
The problem with the brass inserts pressed into the holes is they eventually come loose in the holes and work their way out. That's probably why you don't see to many X's with rear garnishes left (besides amature wheelie kings). I was missing three of my inserts and what I did is fill the holes with this very useful product called MARINE TEX. It's used for all types of repairs including sealing cracked engine blocks. It hardens like steel and can be sanded like wood. I actually drilled a holed in one of my water pipes in my house and sealed it with this. Hasn't leaked in 5 yrs. Then drill and tap with a 5mm (which is the stock size). If you screw up...fill and try again. The problem with using bigger screws and tapping your plastic is that it does weaken leaving it prone to splitting (I found out the hard way). This method even worked on the split hole. Hope this helps.