PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

Rando Talbot
02-11-2003, 11:29 AM
I’ve got 2 questions (1 tech , 1 non-tech):

1. What do you guys recommend for rear tires for my 250R for MN. I ride mostly trails, some mud, some sand. For you Mxers out there, I use a Dunlop 752 and 756 on my CR and they work great. What would be the ATV equivalent?

2. My mother in law is a Pediatric nurse (has been for 39 years), so she has seen her fair share of 3 wheeler accidents over the years. She, or my wife for that matter, wasn’t too thrilled about my purchase of a 250R. In my defense I said these wheelers would probably one of the safest because typically if you are a person that rides a 250R, TriZ, T3 you know what you are doing. I said "there probably have been more accidents on the 83 200E (my other wheeler) over the years then the 250R because a 200E begs kids and people who don’t know what they are doing to ride them”. A 7 year old could easily ride my old Big red, but wouldn’t know what to do on the 250R. So here is my question: Does anyone know which wheeler, statistically, is the most dangerous? I would bet something like a 200S or similar.

Dirtcrasher
02-11-2003, 11:59 AM
The problem with our lovely lil triangles is that just to look at them, they seem very stable. If you sit on a stopped trike like a child would and make vroom vroom noises as you try to lean over from side to side and guess what they don't seem to tip over. Probably the ones geared towards kids are the most dangerous as they are ineperienced. My friend Tracy kept harassing me to ride my trike, I explained again and again I had to take the time to teach her because she could get hurt. She refused stating "how hard can it be" so I started it and she got ten feet, ran both legs over which smashed her face into the handlebars. She was all set after that! LOL :-D Hmmm, I wonder if a try on the Blaster would get rid of her once and for all? :twisted:

TimSr
02-11-2003, 01:07 PM
I dont know statistically, and youd have to figure in how many of each model are out there ( a lot of 200S's), but hands down the non suspension models with balloon tires tip over a lot easier. Funny Dircrasher mentions how sitting on one in the driveway doesnt show you how it tips, but when I had my 125 Trimoto, I actually could tip it over standing still in the driveway! The TriZ requires a lot more effort. Experience is a huge factor, probably the biggest, and autoclutch models attract more unskilled riders, but taking experience out of the equation completely, Ill give the award to non suspension models. Then when you put a 200cc 4 stroke motor on it, or a 175cc 2 stroke motor on the chassis thats easiest to tip, The 200s, and the YT175 get my award for "easiest to hurt yourself on. " This isnt a condemnation of these models, as Id gladly ride either, but if an adult who has never ridden before asked my advice on a trike, Id steer him away from these type models. Your 250R, even with its rcocket engine is a lot more stable and safer than the 200e.
A for tires, In Ohio running mud and snow along with our annual sand dune riding trips, nothing beats the Maxi All Trax. Aside from awesome traction in the most testing situations, they are a good soft ride. The only downside is that the same thing that gives it unbeatable traction makes powersliding a lot more difficult, so if your gonna run a dirt track, youll need a spare set of Turf Tamers.

ATC crazy
02-11-2003, 08:24 PM
1. Holeshot XCT's are some of the best tires ever made. My brother had some on his R and they were awesome. They were great in everything from asphalt to deep mud. They also allowed for great powerslides. :-P

2. I guess it depends on the rider. A beginner would tip easier on a 250R than a 200 but an experienced rider could ride anything w/out a problem. Well...thats what I think :?