PDA

View Full Version : performance header pipe

toyvette81
08-18-2005, 08:55 PM
what performance/aftermarket header pipe actually increases flow.... some of them are just chrome etc... i want one that actually flows better than stock... my 350x has a dg pipe on it but i dont know if the header pipe's is stock?? how can i tell? mine may just be a slip on.. but it is loud as @#$% so im sure its gutted... it runs awesome but i have been thinkin about the header pipe to put in front of that dg. make it flow a little better that is if my header is stock

NOS_350X
08-19-2005, 12:48 AM
If you get a picture i could tell you if its aftermarkt or not. There realy isnt going to be one that will flow more. The dg oversized ones arnt even going to flow more unless you have ALOT of engine work. (where talking oversized valves and all).

nouseforaname90
08-19-2005, 09:22 AM
I was reading the SuperTrapp tuning guide on the site last night because I just got a SuperTrapp, and in the guide they say "Track and dyno testing have revealed that the stock head pipe lengths and diameters are optiumim. Unnecessarily replacing the stock head pipes increases costs and complications wihtout increasing performance."
So theres your answer. There is no need to replace it.
(And this guide was for a 350X, too)