PDA

View Full Version : white tecate

ATCWRENCH
08-18-2005, 03:41 PM
well for any and all who remember this white tecate that i put up here for 90nut. well my friend got tired of looking at it cuz he never rode, works to much, decided to sell it and let me have first dibs on it if I could get the cash in his hand. well $550 dollars later, I was the new owner of this white animal. it might need a new clutch which is no big deal. rear shock needs new seals as the (less than 2 hours old) old ones blew out. a little elbow grease and it will be ready to rock and roll again. I'm gonna put new chain and sprockets on and go back to original gearing. Top speed has never concerned me so I dont need to go 70mph. trails are to tight for that kinda speed any way.

also gonna try and build a kit to get the radiator off the triple clamps and move it to above the exhaust port. gonna try and soft mount it with insulated hangers so it doesnt get the piss vibrated out of it. and hopfully build a rad shroud out of metal and try and see if Aussieduner would make a mold and make one out of plastic.

If I can get this kit to work I would be more than willing to build more for the 84-85 tecate's so it can be used on other machines as well if there is an intereste

chris200x
08-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Well when you do get it be sure to post pics... lots of pics!

Meat-BoX
08-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Yea I seen that one **, I thought it was kinda ugly but the pics arent the greatest. I would love to see this beast in a bunch of new good pics. I love the Tecates. Hook us up with some good pics. :TrikesOwn