PDA

View Full Version : 350x timing help, please!!!!

cleto13
02-10-2003, 11:45 PM
I just took down the engine of my 350x to do a valve job and put on some new rings, but it didnt occurr to me until after i had pulled the head that i had no clue as to how to reset the timing. Anyone have a solution???? I am desperate not to spend money putting it in the shop. Thanks, Clay. AOL: cleto929 MSN: cleto13 YIM: cleto13

whiteman350x
02-11-2003, 11:52 AM
O. K. 350x is really simple. On the left side of the motor are 2 (probably) silver plugs w/ slots in them. They come out w/ a screwdriver. The big one allows you to put a socket in the crank (so you can turn the motor over). Look into the little one, turn the crank til you see a - mark w/ a T beside it. Keep this T mark in line w/ the pointer in the hole. Now to the top. The cam gear has 2 - marks on the inside. Line these up w/ the flat places on the head where the cam caps bolt on. Make sure the cam lobes are down! This sounds copmlicated I know but when you look a your motor hopefully you will see what I mean. A repair manual is your best friend. Don't have a scanner so can't show you the page in mine, sorry. Good Luck!

cleto13
02-13-2003, 12:16 AM
well, bad news, i checked my clearance in between the cyinder and the piston and i got .015 Now i have to bore the motor .50 over! I hope the guy has cheap labor costs, all i have is $315. I got the head reworked($55), It's about to get bored out($55), i gotta buy a gasket kit($50), and i have to get a wiseco piston kit(101.50)!!!!!! I'm trying to get a deal but im not sure if he's gonna let it fly. Wish me luck! I hope he accepts my offer, I'll have a brand new topend, she's gonna scream! I plan to run alcohol in the future, as well as a 25hp shot of NOS! Anyone know where i can find slicks?? Whatabout an extended swingarm?? Thanks