PDA

View Full Version : tri z seat problem

zukifish
08-16-2005, 10:18 PM
There is a gap between the front of the seat and the air filter cover. It's like an inch wide. when you sit on the seat it gets even wider. anyone have this problem before? how is it fixed?

Kintore
08-17-2005, 07:44 AM
My seat has a very very small gap there when im not sitting on it. When I do sit on it the gap gets like a 1.5 cm bigger.

Hope this helps

chris200x
08-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Same thing happens on the honda 200x's. Someone said to heat the curve of the seatpan up a little and bend it down. Mine is pretty bad but I haven't got around to trying this method yet. I wanna get it running first.

Billy Golightly
08-17-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm not a 100% sure what causes this but I believe it is a combination of seats being out in the sun and "drawing up" from the heat sometime during its lifecycle. Also whenever a new cover is put on sometimes they pull from the front instead of the back, and it will pull it up and slightly out of shape. Only real soloution is to take the cover and foam off and heat up and try to get it back in the general area it needs to be. Then recover it.

Mobular
08-17-2005, 01:35 PM
As vinyl ages, it tightens and hardens. This pulls on the unsecured front edge of the seat pan. After a while, the plastic pan develops a memory and won't spring back into place even with the old vinyl removed. Take a good heat gun and slowly remold the pan back into shape, with a negative curve to it so that it will now sit tight against the tank. The key is to take your time and not too much heat, you'll wind up with an unusable blob. Just heat, bend hold to cool ,and do over and over again. I rebent my 200X pan in about an hour.