PDA

View Full Version : Started the teardown and cleaning today.

newramman02
08-16-2005, 09:27 PM
well, I started to partially disassemble my 1986 YTM 225 DRS today for cleaning. I took the headpipe and muffler off and repainted it with high-temp black. darkness caught me so I will work on it more tommorow. here are a few pics and I will post more as I progress. it is actually very clean it just has a dusty film and I want to detail the frame, engine, and top and bottoms of the plastic. I figure once it gets a very thorough clean and detail job, I can ride it and it will be alot easier to cleanup. plus, I can take a bunch of clean pics to show how nice of a original bike it really is. I don't even know if anyone is interested in seeing these pics, but I figure maybe someone else might have a similar trike and would like to see an all original one I know edog has one just like this, and his is VERY nice. but maybe there are others who might have one needing work and maybe this can help them see how they looked untouched from the factory.

nouseforaname90
08-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Hm.. funky looking muffler.. never seen one like that (because I've never seen a YTM muffler! heh).