PDA

View Full Version : "Shiny" Maier fenders?

BIGKAHUNA
02-10-2003, 07:44 PM
I have seen some Maier fenders that look dull in comparisson to OEM and I have seen Maier plastic that is "shiny" like OEM plastic. Does Maier offer a "shiny" version of there after market fenders? If so where to find em?

DixiePlowboy
02-10-2003, 07:53 PM
The people that auction ATC 250R fenders on Ebay out of Memphis carry the new plastic you're looking for. The pics on Cal-ATV's site appear to be the new stuff as well. I'm going to order a complete set including scoops soon.

ATCRYDER
02-10-2003, 09:37 PM
Shiny Maiers are the only way to go if you cant find ncie OEM's. They are far nice and more durable than the POS regular ones. I've had regular, shiny & a set of trashed OEM on my old X, shiny is great.

www.maier-mfg.com

BIGKAHUNA
02-10-2003, 09:51 PM
When order these is there a POS and shiny? I dont have my DK in front of me but it seems there wasnt an option for POS or shiny. Hmmmm...

BLAZERONE22
02-10-2003, 09:52 PM
The guy that sells them on ebay from TN is real nice, shipped mine to Oregon for 35 bucks rear, front and tank plastic real shiney.

ATCRYDER
02-10-2003, 09:56 PM
When order these is there a POS and shiny? I dont have my DK in front of me but it seems there wasnt an option for POS or shiny. Hmmmm...

You've got to look real hard.

atc86r
02-10-2003, 10:11 PM
do they offer new shiny gas tanks for 86r's?

TimSr
02-10-2003, 10:23 PM
I believe Maier replaced their old matte style finish with the new shiny OEM style, and no longer offer the old style, so you wont get it unless you buy old stock. Last summer my buddy bought a ton of old style Maier stuff right from their website which they were selling at clearance prices dirt cheap. I dont think they have any of it left now though.

tecatecrazy
02-10-2003, 10:30 PM
correct me if Im wrong but I dont think you are going to find POS in dennis kirk.....I cant imagine them selling anything with the abreviation for "piece of sh!t".lmfao---Joe 8)

BIGKAHUNA
02-10-2003, 10:37 PM
correct me if Im wrong but I dont think you are going to find POS in dennis kirk.....I cant imagine them selling anything with the abreviation for "piece of sh!t".lmfao---Joe 8)

I guess I missed that one tecatecrazy....what are the odds that the day I choose to start this thread is the one day my mind aint in gutter! :D

ATCRYDER
02-10-2003, 10:41 PM
...whoa tharre.....you -weren't- bein a smart ass? LOL oh my....