PDA

View Full Version : ? for people with NOS fork boots on their R's

250rAL
08-12-2005, 09:44 AM
I've been thinking of getting a set of OEM boots while they're still available. Before I spend the $, I'd like to know if they're going to hold up. If they're NOS, they're like 20 years old right? Are they going to split at the folds in a short time? Who's had some on their machine for a couple of years and how do they look now?

Hornetpowerspor
08-12-2005, 11:12 AM
They are still brand new and look and hold up awsome. Probably be good for another 20 years if taken care of!

3Razors
08-12-2005, 01:40 PM
NOS by far look the best and fit the best! Worth the $$ I feel.

AirManCam
08-12-2005, 02:34 PM
I bought a set for my 350x 2 years ago, and they didnt even last a year before they started cracking. Pissed me right off, so I bought an oem clone set, and they are holding up a hell of a lot better, and they haven't even started fading yet.

250rAL
08-13-2005, 10:44 AM
I bought a set for my 350x 2 years ago, and they didnt even last a year before they started cracking. Pissed me right off, so I bought an oem clone set, and they are holding up a hell of a lot better, and they haven't even started fading yet.

That's kinda what I thought. I know the OEM's are a lot thinner and the creases are a lot sharper. Thanks for the input.

BigRedRunner
08-14-2005, 07:38 PM
I beg to differ to on my OEM boots. These pieces weren't made in 1987. I've probably got about a grand worth OE parts in the past 6 months and everything has come in the newer style packing. The older packing from years ago usually had this goofy looking giant wing on it. Go with the OEM boots.