PDA

View Full Version : I Need help

86250sx
08-10-2005, 11:45 PM
I recently bought an 86 250sx and the guy said it had reverse and he never told me how to work it. can anyone tell me how to do that?

bigredhead
08-10-2005, 11:50 PM
While in Neutral.

Push down the red button on the left brake lever ( dandlebars) and pull in the lever.. this will pull the cable that goes to the tranny for the reverse gear.

Then.. while holding the brake lever in ( while still holding down the button ) push DOWN on the shift lever and you are in Reverse.

Let go the brake lever and back away....

Come to a complete stop... shift UP for Neutral.. and UP again for 1st.. 2nd .. .. .. .

oh.. :welcome:

To the boards...... if this is your first trike.. you will love it. Does your Electric start work ?

Check your fluids.. both the tranny AND the rear diff oil ( the rear diff takes 80w hypoid oil ) And your motor has an OIL filter by the way !! . ( i hope you know all this.. but in case you did'nt... now you do ) LOL...

chris200x
08-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Push the little button on the hand lever in while squeezing it... All the way down on the shifter if I remember correctly...

86250sx
08-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Yeah - this is my first trike - my electric start doesnt work but the guy said it was a very simple thing to fix on it and he said he kept it in good shape w/ tune ups and all i need to get is a battery for the headlights, a new front fender, and a new front tire and basicly it will be perfectly fine, other than a little rusty and beaten up looking, but hey it woulda ended up like that anyway.

86250sx
08-11-2005, 12:12 AM
thanx for all the help too !