PDA

View Full Version : Tri Zinger Help PLEASE

2K4EVOVIII
08-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Hey guys i had a couple questions. Im restoring my old Tri Zinger 60 for my son and i decided to basically go through the whole thing and replace everything. But i have a couple questions.

Is there a tool to get the wheel bearings out? If so do you know where i can get it?

I know there is a tool to remove the flywheel but is there any other way of getting it off?

Also if any of you guys happen to have any parts for sale i might be interested. Im really looking for a DG exhaust for it. :w00t:

Thanx
Chris

nouseforaname90
08-09-2005, 10:56 PM
There are probably other ways of getting the flywheel off.. but I would buy the tool and do it that way. You would probably damage it if you did not.

2K4EVOVIII
08-10-2005, 11:10 AM
There are probably other ways of getting the flywheel off.. but I would buy the tool and do it that way. You would probably damage it if you did not.

OK you wouldnt happen to know anything about the wheel bearings would you? I got all new bearing but im not sure on how to take the old ones out? Do i need to press them out?

Chris

Vealmonkey
08-10-2005, 01:17 PM
I just purchased a DG pipe from the DG website $160 and change with shipping. You can also get boysen reeds for them, I think they fit the PW50 also. I ordered a new rear fender from yamaha, the fronts are discontinued and unavailable from the warehouse according to the dealer. I have not gone through the wheel bearing yet so I can't be much help to you there. I could not find a carb rebuild kit, so I had to order all the parts seperately through the dealer. Good luck with the wheel bearings and when you find out how to do them let us know.

2K4EVOVIII
08-10-2005, 01:48 PM
I just purchased a DG pipe from the DG website $160 and change with shipping. You can also get boysen reeds for them, I think they fit the PW50 also. I ordered a new rear fender from yamaha, the fronts are discontinued and unavailable from the warehouse according to the dealer. I have not gone through the wheel bearing yet so I can't be much help to you there. I could not find a carb rebuild kit, so I had to order all the parts seperately through the dealer. Good luck with the wheel bearings and when you find out how to do them let us know.

Ya i basically got all that also expect for the fenders mine are in pretty good shape still. But just curious how much did the rear fender run you? Also i looked for a carb rebuild kit myself and could not find anything also. So i just ordered all the parts individually.

Well i think ill give DG a call and get one of those ordered. I already got the Boysen Power Reeds for it so i guess we are on the right track. I am kind of worried about the jetting of the carb but i guess ill get to that when it comes.

I know somebody out there has to know a way of getting wheel bearings out. The company i ordered mine from just wrote me a email and said this is what they recommend.

"Depends on how much there is left of the old one. Normally a flat head screwdriver and a hammer. Make sure you hit in the steel rase to remove. If all that is left is the rase, no real easy way to remove them I normally bend a flat head and use that and a hammer."

So if that is the only way i guess thats how you do it?? :wondering

Vealmonkey
08-10-2005, 07:31 PM
The rear fender was $134. I forgot to see if I could get the handlebar cover. I'll probably go nuts trying to find the skyblue front fender. Hopefully my parts will be here friday. I'm kind of curious about the wheel bearings now. I was going to get rid of the airbox and just use a 2 stage unifilter as the zinger won't be seeing much in the way of mudpits or water puddles. If you find a source of front fenders, I'm looking for skyblue, please keep me in mind for one. Let me know what color you are looking for and I'll keep my eyes open around the Baltimore, Md. area. If I ever get my camera working, I'll try and get some pictures posted of my stuff. I should just go out and by a new digital camera, it cuts into my 3 wheeler budget though.