PDA

View Full Version : 250SX Six Pack Rack??

nouseforaname90
08-08-2005, 09:09 PM
I have been looking for a grab bar for my SX in good condition (better than the one that is on it), and I have had no luck. So I figured that I would get a six pack rack instead. It would be a good way to carry a gas can or food whenever I go out riding trails. So do they make one? I have scoured eBay and have came up empty handed. Any leads would be great. Thanks!

dirtface
08-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Try www.prm-atv.com I didn't check, but if anyone has them they will.

nouseforaname90
08-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Awesome. They have it. They also have just a regular grab bar. I think I'm going to go with it. It looks like you could also strap a gas tank to it, and its cheaper. Lol. Thanks dirtface!

nouseforaname90
08-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Do you know how much they charge for shipping?

dirtface
08-08-2005, 09:43 PM
I have ordered three of those in the last few months, one being a SX, the other two were my '86 250Rs. I am thinking it was around six dollars for the regular bars for the shipping. They are, in my opinion a really good quality, nice looking bar for the price.

nouseforaname90
08-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Yeah.. they look pretty good. I'm definately going to get one.

Now if I could just find a taillight lense!

Huffa
08-08-2005, 09:53 PM
They are nice. I just might have to get one too. Glad you brought the topic up!

nouseforaname90
08-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Haha.. you seem to like all of the stuff I do/say, Huffa. Lol. And also.. I FOUND THE LUGNUTS I WANTED!!!!!! You said you were interested in them as well. I'll post pics of what they look like on the bike as soon as I recieve them. They should be here around Thursday or Friday.

toyvette81
08-08-2005, 11:03 PM
prm is where i got my grab bar for my 350x, i thought long and hard about the 6 pack rack but i got the standard to keep the sport look, but the 6 pack would be nice sometimes.
some of their bars are longer than others... i asked them the length of a few of them to make sure that it would be long enough to protect my dg from the ground. i think mine is 18 inches from tip to tail

bigredhead
08-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Just a detail.... I"m not sure about the stock rear light bolting up to the PRM bars.... might want to check that with them before you order one.. or buy a rear light.

There are always ways to mount a light no matter what. but it might not be a direct bolt-on type thing.

My sx has no rear light either, i went to princess auto and looked at the various options.. found a few that would look cool but have not got one yet.

Found a nice blue one i liked.. instead of the usual red for the rear, this was a dark blue type color.. pretty nice looking in my opinion.

nouseforaname90
08-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah. IMO I'd rather that it didn't go onto the PRM grab bar.. that would give me incentive to get a new light like I've been pondering about doing. I saw a cool LED light that I wanted. I'll look into lights.

Maine_Triker
08-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Couldn't you put a 400ex (or whatever) taillight on the SX? Mine doesn't have one either. I see tons of tailights on eBay for 250r's and 350x's... would those work?

The SX 6-pack racks are rare on eBay, picked this one up for about $50 on eBay.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11719

Amazingly, I only paid $20 for the one on my 350x (similar to the one on the SX), a little cleaning up and it was as good as new! :w00t:

Phil

Huffa
08-09-2005, 06:39 AM
Yeah.. they look pretty good. I'm definately going to get one.

Now if I could just find a taillight lense!

My favorite style of taillight lens are the ones like these. I'm sure a lot of Honda models had them though. This is a stock 92 TRX 250X one.

I like the round-ovalness of it instead of you basic rectangle or square.

Eventually I'm putting one on mine.

BTW - This was my 250X. I paid 2000 for it and 8 years later sold it for 2000!

nouseforaname90
08-09-2005, 08:53 AM
That one isn't too bad. I'll have to keep that in mind. I was looking at those aluminum backed LED ones, but that would probably be cheaper.