PDA

View Full Version : Reeds

twgranger
08-08-2005, 06:59 PM
If you looked at your reeds and they are not closed all the way how would the machine run? For the hell of it i took mine out to look at them and they wern't sealed tight against the cage so i turned them around and now they are sealed tight. I havn't had a chance to ride it since i turned them around but wouldn't my Z been acting weird staying open alittle all the time? They are aftermarket by the way.

nimda78
08-08-2005, 07:14 PM
back case pressure would press them back enough in theory, but flipping them was ideal at this point. however, the new operating forces the reeds are under now, being opposite from the way they first seated, i would replace them ASAP.

give me a good ol thumper anyday!!

twgranger
08-08-2005, 07:23 PM
back case pressure would press them back enough in theory, but flipping them was ideal at this point. however, the new operating forces the reeds are under now, being opposite from the way they first seated, i would replace them ASAP.

give me a good ol thumper anyday!!
What?? :wondering

Derrick Adams
08-08-2005, 10:50 PM
What he means is, everythings OK!

If it starts taking a few more kicks to start, change them.

twgranger
08-08-2005, 10:56 PM
What he means is, everythings OK!

If it starts taking a few more kicks to start, change them.ok, I had a brain fart. :D The weird part is that it never started hard before i turned them around. oh well.

03 ORANGE SHEE
08-09-2005, 01:29 PM
i would replace them if they dont seat tight, over time they will do that

twgranger
08-09-2005, 09:05 PM
i would replace them if they dont seat tight, over time they will do that
Look who's back from the dead!! Good to hear from ya!!! :D