PDA

View Full Version : Well with all the discontinued parts scares...

Louis Mielke
08-06-2005, 06:21 PM
I went ahead and ordered a complete set of 85 R OEM plastics. Anyone think theres any hope I'll actaully see them? I've kept telling myself, I'll run the maiers and get OEM to squirell away in the attic. Now that Lomax keeps talking about Honda throwing away parts I guess I've been scared into making the splurg.

Front fender, headlight shell, shrouds and rear fender, $455 before tax and shipping from service honda. Who wants to place bets as to whether they'll actaully show and I won't get a message telling me they're discontinued and unavailible?

I'm crossing my fingers.........

I keep trying to get my Credit Card paid off but everytime I do something else "just can't wait" lol....

Orangecnty250r
08-06-2005, 07:27 PM
I think you 'll see them. Cal ATV will have them if service Honda doesnt. When I talked with the salesperson at Cal they said they get monthly lists of recently discontinued parts and if they get wind something is winding down to extinction they'll buy them up. As I mentioned in Lomax's thread I bought 2 complete sets about 6 months ago and did what you are planning on doing ---saving them for future projects.

Update on my 86 Kawi Tecate backordered front fenders i was buying for extras(still havent seen them)
Are they now on the discontinued list??? I'll keep everyone updated.

bigredhead
08-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Anyone able to comment on the Maier SX plastics ?

Are they close to the real thing ? or not ?

Lomax
08-07-2005, 02:19 AM
Sorry if I am scareing anyone by posting these threads on discontinuing parts. I am just trying to let the board know that they are near gone and if someone was "thinking about buying some" then they need to go ahead and get them. I'll admit, I do have a small stash of NOS parts on the shelves behind me, stuff I may not ever need but it was about to be History so I went ahead and bought it anyway. I cant save it all and there is no sense in me mentioning ever little part that gets this fate so I try to mention the more "popular" items.