PDA

View Full Version : 250R Hondaline NOS parts.Look

Mike Fort Laud
08-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I am getting closer to getting all of my Hondaline parts for my 250R. Here is the front overfender that I got today and the fender stabilizer that I have had for a while. I am still looking for the Hondaline headlight guard. If anybody has one they would like to get rid of send me a P.M.. I want to put this stuff on my bike but I think I will just keep them in the box. What a waste of money these parts are. I buy them then I am afraid to use them.

350x'inNY
08-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Don't be afraid man...... bolt them up and ride! You can still find them once and awhile.... some at a great price too! :naughty:

TO be continued.... :welcome:

Bruce

Maine_Triker
08-04-2005, 10:57 PM
What a waste of money these parts are.
LOL, I am begining to realize that..... :lol:

You can still find them once and awhile.... some at a great price too!
Listen to him, he knows that first hand ;)

Orangecnty250r
08-04-2005, 11:23 PM
I just started collecting HondaLine Parts ....Should I stop now before I get hooked...
Anyway if You use them take them out carefully and keep all the original packaging (which I'm certain you would do without me saying) the resale will still be high if you change your mind and want to unload them.
Nice Parts!!!

Maine_Triker
08-04-2005, 11:36 PM
I just started collecting HondaLine Parts ....Should I stop now before I get hooked...
Yes!!! That way there will be more for us! :w00t:

Huffa
08-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Put them on and simply put clear vinyl over them, you"ll never get a scratch on them then.

You could even give the fender a carbon fiber look if you want :naughty:

http://www.mxsouth.com/nstyle/n-s163backgr.htm

double r
08-05-2005, 12:59 AM
someone should start making those fender braces. it couldn't be that hard.

Mike Fort Laud
08-05-2005, 01:27 AM
Double R you read my mind. I build aluminum airboats from scratch. I know a little something about aluminum work. I am thinking about leaving the Hondaline fender stabilizer in the pack and take some measurements and make my own. I have all the aluminum tools. I am not worried about a scratch, I am just afraid that the overfender may get broke. And I know that NOBODY will respect the parts. Or realize you cannot buy them. I hate when my bike is in the garage and somebody sits on it or lays stuff on it and when I ***** about it they just think it's an old 3 wheeler. I don't care about the money value. I just want the parts in good condition.

350x'inNY
08-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Double R you read my mind. I build aluminum airboats from scratch. I know a little something about aluminum work. I am thinking about leaving the Hondaline fender stabilizer in the pack and take some measurements and make my own. I have all the aluminum tools. I am not worried about a scratch, I am just afraid that the overfender may get broke. And I know that NOBODY will respect the parts. Or realize you cannot buy them. I hate when my bike is in the garage and somebody sits on it or lays stuff on it and when I ***** about it they just think it's an old 3 wheeler. I don't care about the money value. I just want the parts in good condition.

The over fenders (white ones) are more flexible than you think. However, I feel your pain... when I had my Showgirl and 82R in that parade July 4th, I parked them next to our churches booth. I gave instructions that NOBODY sit on them or mess around. I go grab some food and someone had set a water bottle on the front fender and the guy that I asked to keep an eye on them and keep people off them was sitting on the Showgirl. The humanity of it.... :wondering

Maine_Triker
08-05-2005, 10:18 PM
someone should start making those fender braces. it couldn't be that hard.
I saw a reproduction 200x fender brace on EBAY not to long ago. It looked good, final bid was about $15.

Phil

sandpuppi101
08-07-2005, 08:48 PM
You guys know where to look for those precious ,stiil in package,NOS ,Hondaline parts don't you?!!!

Maine_Triker
08-07-2005, 09:00 PM
You guys know where to look for those precious ,stiil in package,NOS ,Hondaline parts don't you?!!!
So... what other Hondaline items have you gotten since I talked to you last? :naughty: I'm still looking for alot of Hondaline stuff...

Phil

sandpuppi101
08-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Hey Phil- I got a headlight guard for a trx 125 86 -87,A headlight lens grille for a 200 big red and one for a 85 -86 250R but its not in its package but still new.I am getting more this weekend or next.

Maine_Triker
08-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey Phil- I got a headlight guard for a trx 125 86 -87,A headlight lens grille for a 200 big red and one for a 85 -86 250R but its not in its package but still new.I am getting more this weekend or next.
Thanks man, I'm emailing ya... :beer

350x'inNY
08-07-2005, 09:23 PM

Let me know if you run across any 350X or 250r or Big Red items.... hehehehee

My latest ebay win was a 350X front fender overfender ... NIB.... $6.95 !!!! (yes... not a typo... under $7 dollars!) I also have a set of the rear ones in a parts lot coming....same seller! I will post links and pics when I get them!

Bruce

350x'inNY
08-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Thanks man, I'm emailing ya... :beer

Wow... snuck in a minute under me! hahahaha Thanks again Phil!

Bruce

sandpuppi101
08-07-2005, 09:28 PM
man Bruce I think you got a pretty sweet deal on that stuff! I 'll let you all know when I get the stuff ! That Hondaline stuff is like chumming for sharks with you guys!!LOL

BIGCRIP28
08-07-2005, 09:29 PM
The over fenders (white ones) are more flexible than you think. However, I feel your pain... when I had my Showgirl and 82R in that parade July 4th, I parked them next to our churches booth. I gave instructions that NOBODY sit on them or mess around. I go grab some food and someone had set a water bottle on the front fender and the guy that I asked to keep an eye on them and keep people off them was sitting on the Showgirl. The humanity of it.... :wondering

something similar happened to me a couple times
once a guy helped me load my 350x in my truck and when he was jumping out the bed he kind of supported himself on the rear fender and i seen the black mudflap seperate and make a gap. i nearly **** myself, luckily it went right back.
another time some jack decided to sit on the rear fender and i almost had to tackle him off it to keep him from putting all his weight and breaking it.
if i had any hondaline parts i would have to baby it even more than i do now, basically not ride it ever.

Maine_Triker
08-07-2005, 09:29 PM
My latest ebay win was a 350X front fender overfender ... NIB.... $6.95 !!!! (yes... not a typo... under $7 dollars!) I also have a set of the rear ones in a parts lot coming....same seller! I will post links and pics when I get them!

Bruce
You just couldn't wait to tell everyone about it eh? :w00t: :beer

EDIT: You're welcome again ;)