PDA

View Full Version : CR forks on '86 ATC 250R

esande151
08-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Does anyone know how this is done? I've seen it in a few pictures, but not close enough to see how it was done.

Red Rider
08-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Since the stock ATC triple clamps cannot be bored out big enough to accomodate the inverted forks, most people that have done the swap have had the clamping portion of the CR triple clamps welded onto the ATC triple clamps. A few people have talked about having new billet triple clamps milled, but I don't know if anyone has actually done this yet.

350xsx
08-03-2005, 03:31 AM
Since the stock ATC triple clamps cannot be bored out big enough to accomodate the inverted forks, most people that have done the swap have had the clamping portion of the CR triple clamps welded onto the ATC triple clamps. A few people have talked about having new billet triple clamps milled, but I don't know if anyone has actually done this yet.

ive seen and talked to a couple people who have gotten custom tripple clamps made, with is actually pretty simple for someone who knows how to operate a CNC machine, but if you dont have access to someone who does, you should make a new friend :naughty:

OldSchoolin86
08-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Does anyone know how this is done? I've seen it in a few pictures, but not close enough to see how it was done.
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=37392&page=1&pp=15&highlight=cr+forks

esande151
08-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the info OldSchoolin