PDA

View Full Version : Some people i just hate.

trikes4life
08-02-2005, 09:38 PM
When some people ask what i ride, i tell them i ride Three wheelers. Then they get all gay and say them things are dangerous, your going to kill your self, or they should be illegal in this state. I dont know why people need to complain so much about what i belive in and do. I think more people die on two wheels than on three or four. I think peple just are **edited** when it comes down to riding these wonderful machines. I have been riding on three wheels since i was born,( parents had one of the backpack things for babies). And started driving when i was five and i still drive them 10 years later. Does anyone tell you guys this kind of crap to you!!

250r'en +TCB
08-02-2005, 09:43 PM
so your 15 to huh, same here.....

As for the "trike haters" get used to them.....The only thing you can do is say "hey man, whatever you say". Or you could also challende them to a drag race and smoke their A**!!! thats what I do anyway, it always works.....lol what kind of trike do you own now?

trikes4life
08-02-2005, 09:56 PM
I dont own anything fast now. I have 2 200s 1 tri moto 175 But i am planning to get a 250r when i get the money. Buy them form stupid people that wonder why they dont runn when i replace all the gas lines and there clogged. I am new to the word of two strokes but i am learning.

nouseforaname90
08-02-2005, 09:57 PM
I guess I'll continue the trend and be the 3rd 15 year old to post consecutively.. lol.

Noone around here tells me that.. most of them are like "can I ride it?" "thats one of the nicest SX's I've seen around in a loooong time" "I wish i still had my 3 wheeler" and such..

250r'en +TCB
08-02-2005, 10:02 PM
evrybody who has riden a 250r around here says "be careful on that thing, it will get you killed in a hurry if you don't respect it" which is proubly one of the truest statements I've ever heard.....

Oldshell4481
08-02-2005, 10:17 PM
this thread is a repeat of alot of other threads

Maine_Triker
08-02-2005, 11:04 PM
this thread is a repeat of alot of other threads
DITTO. But Oldshell, you broke up the 15 year old posts, we were going for the world record! hahahahahahaha

I always get compliments on my 350x, no one has ever said "You will die on a trike".... cept that guy at the gas station... :rolleyes: "I know alot of guy who break there leg on them" he says :crazy:
:TrikesOwn
Phil

Lots_Of_Nothing
08-02-2005, 11:05 PM
When some people ask what i ride, i tell them i ride Three wheelers. Then they get all gay and say them things are dangerous, your going to kill your self, or they should be illegal in this state. I dont know why people need to complain so much about what i belive in and do. I think more people die on two wheels than on three or four. I think peple just are **edited** when it comes down to riding these wonderful machines. I have been riding on three wheels since i was born,( parents had one of the backpack things for babies). And started driving when i was five and i still drive them 10 years later. Does anyone tell you guys this kind of crap to you!!

They get all happy? Or do they crank up the backstreet boys, dress in pink, and start kissing each other?

monster 84r
08-02-2005, 11:08 PM
my dad barely even let me buy my 250r, btw im 15 too, cuz he saw the way i rode a 200x in michigan, lol. most of the people that badmouth trikes have never ridden one. i get the same comments all of the time from guys who look at my 250r. comments are usually crap like
'id never let my son ride on of those'
'they still make those things?'
'i thought they were outlawed'
'that thing is a deathtrap'

and other gay comments. i feel safer on my 250r than i have on most of the sport quads ive ridden. people that havent had the joy of riding an atc are brainwashed by lawsuits and newspaper headlines. :TrikesOwn

EZ in NZ
08-03-2005, 01:01 AM
The other way to look at this guys is that if everyone or even a lot more people thought these old trikes were cool...we'd all be paying a LOT more for parts and trikes.

I'm thankful they're not so popular. Less demand on the market and that keeps prices realistic. Who cares what other people think and say anyway....I don't know 'em!

Kintore
08-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Ill be another 15 year old here haha, people say my Tri-Z is going to kill me. I have worn around the Trikefest T-shirt and my Tri-Z shirt and got a few coments.
"you mean you actually(sp?) ride those machines?" "arent they illegal?"

I have gotten used to it. You eventually will sadly to say, but hey as long as your happy and riding what you want. Its all good.

Oldshell4481
08-03-2005, 12:53 PM
15 year old posts??

nouseforaname90
08-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Haha.. yeah.. reread the first 4 posts..

TeamGeek6
08-03-2005, 01:46 PM
evrybody who has riden a 250r around here says "be careful on that thing, it will get you killed in a hurry if you don't respect it" which is proubly one of the truest statements I've ever heard.....

Ill say it too after years of ultra fast woods riding and M/X racing, itll reach out and GRAB you if its running right.

No, i dont believe 3 wheelers are dangerous. When I first started "triking," I took serious riding lessons before I was ever invited to go on a race track.

3 wheelers dont steer well (or at all) over 5 - 10 mph, it takes power sliding which takes a lot of torque to break the rear wheels loose. Thats where quads have an advantage. Other than jumps, which can be SCARY if you land on one rear wheel, 3 wheelers are just another motorcycle.

The best demonstration we did to shut the skeptics up was to walk over and sit on our 3 wheelers with the engine off, and our helmets on[/*], and ask "now how is this hurting me?"

it cant. Not till I do something stupit[/*]!

Sure, doing something stupit on a quad can get you hurt too. Or a car. Airplane. Space shuttle ... :crazy: Walking across the street is dangerous.

Heres a good one:

"i feel safer on my 250r than i have on most of the sport quads ive ridden"

AMEN to that, Ive come closer to getting hurt on a Quad Sport than my R.

hotroddal
08-03-2005, 01:48 PM
also, im 15 years old, and i ride all the time on my 250r's, and my x's, and i never once had someone tell me that your going to kill yourself, or your gona get hurt on that.

250r'en +TCB
08-03-2005, 02:52 PM
hotroddal, where do you live? Siberia????

LOL Us 15 year olds are taking over this place!!!

I always get the usual "thats a deathtrap" comments. But I live in the "Boonies" so to speak, and a lot of people around here had them in the 80's. My step dad bought a brand new 350x in 86, wish he kept it.......
So those people always think it's cool to see me riding, it brings them back to when they were my age I guess......

DX Rider12
08-03-2005, 10:12 PM
You know what? I'm 13 and actually I've gotten more comments like that from my mother, neighbors (quads grrr.), and my big brother. But it doesn't get to me. And am I the youngest on this forum or what? :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn