PDA

View Full Version : Mother ******

200xadam
08-01-2005, 02:04 PM
OH MY GOD!!!

ok today i got new piston rings and dowl pins for my 200x motor, i was planning on just putting her back together n riding it... well im allowed to dream, but its impossible for things to go good for me...

well i put the dowel pins in and i got the piston rings in and everything and had the piston all in and had the cylinder over it and was puttin the cylinder in the motor and noticed that i accidentaly had 2 dowel pins on the same stud..well i thought i would be cleaver and just take the piston off the rod and leave it in the cylinder and just take the whole thing off together so i didnt have to deal with putting the rings back in the cylinder...

well i was trying to take the clip off of the piston to get the rod thingy to off out of the piston to take it off of the rod. well i didnt have a small enough screwdriver to get the clip off so i had a little nail and was trying to pry it out, well my finger sliped on the nail and it fell out of my fingers and INTO THE MOTOR!!!!

well i tried for about 20 minutes with a magnetized screwdriver trying to pull it out but i couldnt find it...so it is stuck in my motor somewhere....and i cant find it....and im very upset....

nouseforaname90
08-01-2005, 02:08 PM
That bites. Try one of those telescoping things with the magnet on the end.. it might work. Otherwise your screwed and you have to take the whole motor apart to find it.

jmack3986
08-01-2005, 02:20 PM
here flush it out with 2 cycle gas that is what worked when i had that happen. try that and ys a flexi magnet would work to just take it easy. you should have covered the motor it would have been easier oh and did you get the cylinder honed by chance because if you didnt the cylinder has a good chance of getting glazed and blowing like my x did.

monster 84r
08-01-2005, 02:34 PM
that really sucks adam, good luck getting that thing out.

200xadam
08-01-2005, 02:42 PM
why would it glaze?? what would i have needed to get it honed for?? i got the cylinder bored for the new piston n i had an oil leak so i tore her apart n got new rings and got dowel pins to stop the leak...

ill have to get one of them magnets n try n get it...im so mad at this stupid thing

Blown 331
08-01-2005, 02:48 PM
This might sound dumb but what about holding the lower end upside down and shaking it?

200xadam
08-01-2005, 02:56 PM
lol i was thinking about it but my friend was like i dont really think * should shake it becuase it would prolly just lodge it in somewhere so i was trying to keep it somewhere that it was just sitting so that i could pull it out with a magnet, if it comes to it i just might have to try that...im goona try a magnet first, and if that dont work im goona drain oil and try n shake it out...

vartiak15
08-01-2005, 08:28 PM
you still have oil in the thing? lol. arnt you working on the whole motor? never mind.......

200xadam
08-01-2005, 09:12 PM
OK! I GOT IT OUT!!! i drained oil out of the botton end, then i flipped it over and shook it lol. it didnt fall but it came loose and i pointed a flashlight down where the cam chain goes and there it was sitting against the side, n i grabed my magnetic screwdriver n pulled that baby out. and now i have my motor assembled. but i have no oil so this is just another minor setback lol

leprogle
08-01-2005, 09:23 PM
I did almost the same thing the other day, when i swapped my clutch assemblies. the manual says to put a copper washer or penny, in the gear to keep the crank and clutch from moving while getting the centrifugal clutch nut off, I dropped 3!!!!! pennies in my oil pump!!!!! i blew them out with an air compressor, they flew out the first few blows.
glad to hear you got that nail out!