PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Pleeeease!!!

Yamaha Tri-Moto
07-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Hey whats up. I have a Yamaha Tri-Moto 175 ported polished and all that crap but when i put it into first it starts to roll very quickly without even touching the throttle. even when its ideling slowly and i pop it into first gear i get a pretty big jolt out of it. It also seems to be running really hot even when it is just ideling but maby thats just because its air cooled. There also seems to be a pretty loud piston rattle but the top end was just done. Would it be a fiel/air mixture problem or throttle adjustment or what. iv tried almost everything i think. Any help would be great

jeswinehart
07-30-2005, 08:30 PM
the one way bearing is shot. they very well might call it something different in a yamaha but it is basically the same set up in honda automatic clutch trikes ( i would think so anyway ).
should a easy ( kinda exspensive little part ) if you get a manual to follow and guide you.

john

Yamaha Tri-Moto
07-30-2005, 08:34 PM
but when i give it more fuel it stops creeping but idels way 2 slow. I can not seem to find a good fuel/air mixture combination iv been trying forever with no luck. Any more suggestions?

Yamaha Tri-Moto
07-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Any one else?

hotroddal
07-30-2005, 10:02 PM
try rebuilding your carberatour and then adjusting it from there.

atckowalski
07-31-2005, 12:49 AM
I think you need to adjust your auto clutch if it takes off when you pop it in gear.It should sit still when it is in any gear unless your idle is set way to high or you have an air leak somewhere.