PDA

View Full Version : 1985 YT60 Tri Zinger

2K4EVOVIII
07-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Hey guys im trying to restore my 85 YT60 Trizinger for my son. I basically rebuilding it from the ground up but wanted to add some more power to it and am having problems finding parts. If anybody has any aftermarket parts or even stock parts please let me know im very interested. Im looking for the following

DG Exhaust
Boysen Reeds
Carberator
Carberator Rebuild Kit
Engines (Complete or Not)
Cylinders
Pull Start Assembly
Brakes

Thanx for your time!
Chris

Jason Hall
07-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Well I'll give a couple tips, mill the head, Opening up the air box helps alot. I wish a bunch of us could get together & make DG manufacture the pipes again. I was told rite from DG that they need to have 15 orders to make them again, (I know somebody has a pile of them in stock somewhere). Get er jetted rite with that pipe, & they really rip. They just don't have much straight away speed. Some pw50 parts fit (Reads, carbs, clutch).

2K4EVOVIII
07-27-2005, 11:43 AM
Well I'll give a couple tips, mill the head, Opening up the air box helps alot. I wish a bunch of us could get together & make DG manufacture the pipes again. I was told rite from DG that they need to have 15 orders to make them again, (I know somebody has a pile of them in stock somewhere). Get er jetted rite with that pipe, & they really rip. They just don't have much straight away speed. Some pw50 parts fit (Reads, carbs, clutch).

Thanks for the reply! Well lets see what we can do about those DG pipes. Think if we start a thread for it mabye we can get somthing going? Another member on here gave my a link and said they have them at that store but i havent had a chance to look yet.

Chris

LonesomeTriZ
07-27-2005, 12:36 PM
If you start a list make mine the first name on it. I have been searching for an after maket system for our Zinger for quite some time. I have heard you can modify the existing syetem on them stock.

bushwacker51
07-27-2005, 05:17 PM
I dont know where this guy got his information from but about two months ago I attempted to purchase a tri zinger pipe from Dennis Kirk atv and they said they no longer sold them. I called DG direct and they said they still sell them. So I ordered a pipe. The man said they had none in stock and would have to make some would that be okay. I said yes and about 2 and a half weeks latter my pipe arrived at my door step. It made a huge difference in the way the tri zinger runs two. I also bought a set of boysen power reeds for it but have not had achance to put them on yet.

Jason Hall
07-27-2005, 09:36 PM
I called 3 different dealers, & they all told me the same thing. I have the # at work to DG directly. I have one on mine, I got it about 2 years ago. I even told DG I would pay extra to have one made, & they still told me they had to have 15 orders before they would produce them. I will post the # thursday nite, but it will be late probably 11:00. Modifing the stock pipe is not even close to how they run with the DG pipe.

LonesomeTriZ
07-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Hey bushwacker, how much did that cost you?

bushwacker51
07-28-2005, 06:27 PM
I went to dg web site(www.dgperf.com) and they are listed as 149.95 with a buy it now sticker next to it. They are listed under a 4zinger or tri zinger. They both interchange. I think shipping was $20.00. I had to wait until they made me one but it was worth it made a huge difference. Glenn O :)

Jason Hall
07-28-2005, 09:11 PM
How long did you wait for them to build it? Thanks for the address for dg thats great.

bushwacker51
07-28-2005, 10:40 PM
I cant quite remember I think it was two or three weeks it wasnt that long of a wait. It showed up and was brand new. Everyone told me the same thing that they dont make them anymore and you have to find one on e-bay. I would recommend the pipe it makes a big difference Glenn O.

Tri-Z 250
07-10-2015, 12:29 PM
I realize this is an old thread but want to pass on good info. YES the DG pipe for the Zinger is still available today in 2015. I received mine 16 business days from the order it cost me $192 through a local shop. I might have paid extra but it keeps my local guy alive and he loves the old stuff. Also I recommend PW Only's PW60cc BigBore kit for $130.00 comes complete ready to assemble. Also get the block off plate and remove the pump injection system $30 bucks. Check em out at PWonly.com quick ship. Matching this with an 18mm non-pump carb from CPW Carbpatrs.com and UNI foam filter will ring out just over $100. Good luck to anyone as you can pick these little machines up for $100 -200 as parts/non runners all day.