PDA

View Full Version : B-day ride and had a blast

ATCWRENCH
07-25-2005, 11:28 PM
the 24th of this month was my B-day and I hadn't been on a ride in about month and a half, so yesterday morning at about 8 a buddy and I went out to our local riding area and did about an hour and half worth of trail riding and then we both took off on our seperate ways to ride the little tracks that we made for ourselves to enjoy. My buddy has a brand new 2004 Honda CR250R and that thing shreds, I was amazed at how smooth the power delivery was with how much power it has and its a lot. anyway hes my anti training wheels buddy who only loves my three wheeler as a tow truck for everyone elses rides(he almost never breaks down).

we raz each other pretty good about each others machines but its all in good fun. the trike that I am riding is an 81R that I mechanically rebuilt for a buddy of mine. this thing was horrifying to look at and I didnt even ride it until it was rebuilt. where there was bearing, it got changed, had to replace the axle cuz the guy who owned it before him welded the sprocket to the axle cuz he didnt like tightening the bolts all the time, you could look through the swing arm it was cracked so bad, rebuilt the front caliper, put a trx master cylinder on, 200X thumb throttle(wise decision), rebuilt carb, new cables, chain and sprockets got replaced, forks got rebuilt with progressive rate springs(helped a bunch), re hung the exhaust, it was held on by the bailing wire holding the silencer on and the pipe springs to the exhaust port, stock pipe answer silencer.

anyway the one pic of me ridin i was in the middle of a 4th gear flat track slide when I caught a small that kicked me up a pinch when the photo was taken, it would have looked a lot prettier if the rut wasnt there but oh well. and as you can tell I'm not a small dude either.

trikerider2oo7
07-26-2005, 09:41 AM
happy birthday. sounds like you had fun

ATCWRENCH
07-26-2005, 12:00 PM
yea we had fun, would have had a lot more pics but thats all the exposures I had left on the disposable camera I had. there was a guy who had an 86 tacate that looked good but that was it. he paid $500 for it cu the guy who owned it before him didnt want to mess with the stator and he thought the wiring harness was trashed. it needed a major maintenence check up. the thing i thought was funny about the tecate is they never was in the throttle more than second, two pushin it, they were horrified of the power it had. i just sat down and sighed at a sad sight.