PDA

View Full Version : clogged jet

toyvette81
07-24-2005, 07:17 PM
well i recently bought another atc.. a 84' 110 it runs great . well did, the slow jet it clogged while i was riding after about an hour (i imagine a piece of rust from the tank, the cream job sucks) and nothing i try will get it open, usually sitting in carb cleaner for a day will do the trick, well it has sat in that for 2 days and nothing i try will pick it out i usually use the individial copper wires in wire but they will not work and a needle is too big , is there any other substance that usually works for you guys... i have it in aircraft stripper now lol. or if no other option where can i order a new 1,, the deler wanted 15$ for my 350x jet.... thats crazy i wont pay that again

DeePa
07-24-2005, 08:17 PM
find a whole rebuild kit...you can find them for 15 or so...heres one, only 13 bucks, and super fast cheap shipping...

http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/MD03-024.html

toyvette81
07-24-2005, 09:27 PM
yeah theres 1 on ebay for 16$ but i would love to get it clean

Old 179
07-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Deepa is right. get your kit. You will replace jets,o rings and gaskets. It will be like new Check your fuel screen, to clean or replace if damaged. in line filters work too.

toyvette81
07-25-2005, 07:49 AM
yeah i will put a filter on the x and this 1 before i ride them any more, luckly the x jet cleaned right out, it stopped up the same day. (it needs to be creamed, and the 110 needs to be creamed better) back in the day i had filters on my trx 125's they were great it was the kind that you can take the top off and clean out...
its just hard to understand the fact that this jet clogged and will not come clean, its like something got in there and turned solid and bonded to the jet

MTS
07-25-2005, 10:21 AM
CLR works great for cleanin crap outa carbs

TimSr
07-25-2005, 04:17 PM
Nearly all carb clogs are caused by a few grains of sand, and thus far, there is no carb cleaning solvent known to man that will disolve sand.

Removing all jets, and screws and blowing all the way through each hole and out an exit hole is the only effective way to clean a carburetor. You can use compressed air, or you can use the nifty little red tube that comes with your can of carb cleaner, but its got to be forced out.

bigredhead
07-25-2005, 04:37 PM
Word of advice when using compressed ait.

Hold that sucker TIGHT !!!... they fly like rockets !!!!! and hard to find !hahahahahaha..

careful with metal wires.. you don't want to make those holes larger... soft brass is easy to wear out.

I used a nylon brislte from a broom last time.. worked.. but in the end the best solution is a rebuild kit !

toyvette81
07-25-2005, 10:24 PM
yeah i got the rebuild kit coming, but i have tried all day to get it unclogged,... i dont know wether its a grain of sand... theres not too much of that here. im sure its rust from the tank, that's what my x stopped up with the same day, they both are rusty in there but i put a awesome glass race filter on the x today. it looks great mounted to the frame by the carb(its nice b/c i can see the gas going through it clearly. if thers water in it i can take the top off dump it out then keep on going) i have 2 cheap plastic filters for the 110 to put on when my kit comes. lol yeah i know they fly like a bullet with compressed air bigredhead, i use a vice... but i cant beat a needle through this 1, its amazing something is in there that hard and tight when it was working fine before if i had a drill bit small enough i would drill it out, but i only have down to 1/16.. do they make them any smaller?

bigredhead
07-25-2005, 10:30 PM
No drill bits man... if you do that kinda stuff.. it's no longer what it's rated for and i bet it runs like crap after.

Like mentioned above.. try taking a can of WD-40 with the red straw.. block the open holes and let it rip...... might do it. Don't shoot yourself in the eyes with the stuff.. it stings like hell !! trust me !

toyvette81
07-25-2005, 10:35 PM
lol yeah carb cleaner burns a little worse though, nothing like that works.. carb cleaner wd-40, 125 psi... its like i poured concrete in there... its tough with the red straw too b/c it is too big for this little jet, so i cannot spray right at the hole only a the top of the slot for the screwdriver, but im confident that wouldent work if i could stick the srtaw in the hole like usual

bigredhead
07-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Does the flathead screw some out of the jet ?

toyvette81
07-25-2005, 10:39 PM
no this is the other jet the "slow or idol jet not the main jet

bigredhead
07-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Doh !

I wish you were close by. i have a bag full of spare carb jets from the 200cc carbs, not new but you'll get your kit before they would get there !! lol..

Broom Bristles were not the right size ?

Just a stupid thought.. but would heat help at all ?

toyvette81
07-25-2005, 10:51 PM
you think like me, my last resort will be tomorrow with a torch, i have nothing to loose so i might learn something mabye it'l melt out.... have not tried broom bristles but i stripped some wire and used the little copper ones in it individually. i even cut them at an angle to be sharper. it is only stopped up about 1/4 inch thick, the wire will go way in on one side and barley in the other...

bigredhead
07-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Not sure what you have for a torch.. but Brass melts pretty easily i think... watch out not to melt the holes shut !!! hahahahahah

DeePa
07-25-2005, 10:55 PM
i used a piece of wire, and just kept on jabbing at it until the sand came out...it was a complete ***** but it finally happened

toyvette81
07-25-2005, 11:03 PM
i have jabbed for 3 days lol thats enough im gonna get that hole penetrated!! lol

bigredhead
07-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Take it to a jewlery place and have them put it in their ultrasonic cleaner !!!

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-ultrasonic-jewelry-cleaner.htm

toyvette81
07-25-2005, 11:14 PM
not a bad idea..... my dad liked that 1