PDA

View Full Version : Video of My Last Ride on the 200s...

Yamahauler
07-23-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm taking this bike to Edmonton tomorrow to give to my dad. I took a video of my last wheelie with it.
I'm going to miss this bike.

bigredhead
07-23-2005, 07:12 PM
You are one crazy individual !

nice wheelie !

threewheelin-feelin
07-23-2005, 07:24 PM
nice wheelie....its always hard losing a loved one :cry:

Yamahauler
07-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Yea, the not going to last too much longer i dont think, The chain tensioner bolts are broke, so the axle wobbles like crazy. O well, not my problem to worry about anymore. :)

I just about hit that tree in my front yard, haha

nouseforaname90
07-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Haha.. nice.. I like the save at the end right before you about rammed that tree.

ATCnut
07-24-2005, 02:03 AM
So you are giving a trike with problems to your dad. Nice guy!

DeePa
07-24-2005, 03:35 PM
hey, how do you wheelie like that? Do you rev it then drop it into first or just lean back and gun it? I cant get my 200s to wheelie for ****, and im starting to think the clutch needs replacing it, because when i shift between gears, there sometimes is a slight hesitation before it kicks in. I have only noticed this after I rebuilt the top end...so maybe the higher compression/more power is showing the signs of a weak centrifugal clutch?

Thanks, and nice wheelie/save.

Mike

twgranger
07-24-2005, 03:44 PM
No videos of the Z?

Yamahauler
07-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Well I'm here in Edmonton now at my dads, and he is happy with it, I cleaned the carb today and it runs and idles great. I dont think its even worth fixing the chain tensioners I would rather buy a $30 chain every 2 years.

So you are giving a trike with problems to your dad. Nice guy!

You should have seen it when he gave it to me, It was a mess, it didnt run, fenders sucked even worse then they are now and the exhaust was rusted out badly.

I put about $600 into it to get it working good. With a new exhaust, I'm not asking anything for it so, yea Im a nice guy!

The Tri-Z clutch is screwed right now, it wont disengage, Im getting new plates and springs, so we'll see if it will help, then I will get a few vids of playing around on that.

Yamahauler
07-27-2005, 01:49 AM
To wheelie like that, if your shift pattern is 5 down like the 200S then you click the shifter from neutral and hold down, (this puts it in gear but the clutch is still disengaged) then rev it up a little and let the shifter up. It will pop her up real good. for a shift pattern of 5 up, do the oppisite, hold it up and then rev, then drop the shifter.

Its hard on the clutch though, so go easy!

DeePa
07-27-2005, 07:18 AM
your 200s is 5 down? mine is 5 up, and i was putting it in 2nd then dropping it to first and holding the shifter down, then popping it up...worked pretty well...

I cant believe that the 84 200s was 5 down while the 85 was 5 up.

Thanks,
Mike

coveredinmudd
07-27-2005, 10:28 AM
i like how you ran over the gutter coming around the tree. lmfao