PDA

View Full Version : 200es seizing up

brendan802
07-23-2005, 01:52 AM
I just rebuilt another 200es and for some reason the motor keeps seizing up. I've taken the top end off twice and changed all of the top end parts and it keeps on seizing up. The piston moves freely and there was nothing wrong with any of the parts I've used through out this ordeal. It seems like them cam chain is somehow getting hung up. I have rebuilt these motor many times before but have no idea what is wrong. I made sure to adjust the cam chain after the top end was put on like I always do. The motor ran great until it warmed up then it seized both times with two different top ends. The camshaft bush with the locating pin snapped right off in the head when it locked up. Does anyone have any advice for me on this matter. I'm going to tear it down again tommorow and see if it is in the bottom end somewhere. I'm totally clueless.

Howdy
07-23-2005, 06:26 AM
It sounds like it isn't getting oil to the top end. On this style motor this is the leading cause of failer ( that I have seen ).

Have you taken the clutch cover off before? Did you use silicon on and of the gaskets? Silicon when used right can be good, but too much can be VERY bad if used in the wrong spot.
Thanks
Howdy