PDA

View Full Version : 185klt :vrs: 200(?)Honda???????

Paul
02-08-2003, 10:37 PM
I want a bike for my wife, i am looking at about the same price, we are going to use it for camping/fishin/ and such, how do they compare?? reliability-speed-comfort-control-climbig and stuff, and in reparing price and such??????? please help me make the right choice..!!

THanks

Paul
02-08-2003, 10:40 PM
I forgot to mention the (?) in front of the 200honda was becuase i dont know which one it is, here is what i do know, no suspention,low/high.elec.start,pull start,????

what do you think???

KLT Man
02-08-2003, 11:54 PM
My opinion may be slightly biased, but here goes.

The KLT185 has:
Shaft Drive :-D
Reverse :-D
Front Suspension :-D
Pull Start

The ATC 200 has:
Well this depends on which model of ATC200 you are looking at :shock: . The ATC200ES is the most comparable to the KLT185. Anything short of an ES will leave you with a Chain Drive and/or no Reverse. One feature it holds over the KLT185 is the Electric start :o .

The ATC200 would have more parts sources available if you had to change something, but parts for the KLT185 are still available, through limited sources.

Of course you would have to consider overall condition and price :rolleyes: .

In my opinion, Shaft Drive is a must on a utility trike. It is far more reliable and virtually maintenance free as compared to a chain.

If you are concerned about the KLT185 just having a pull start, let me leave you with this. The KLT185 is very easy to start with the pull rope :-P , plus you dont have to worry about a battery or an expensive starter, not to mention all the extra parts that are associated with it.

POWER, virtually no difference.

WEIGHT, the ATC200 (depending on model) weighs 313-375lbs. Only the ATC200S weighs less than 300 lbs. The KLT185 however comes in at 277lbs.

Just my Nickle and Dime...........................

ATCnut
02-09-2003, 02:49 AM
I recommend a Honda 250sx for your wife. Electric start, reverse, full suspension, its a plush ride.

Paul
02-09-2003, 01:19 PM
yeah i know, i was looking for one but never seen one for sale at all, so if any one knows or will see one for sale at a resonable price, let me know please, i would really appreciate it, then i can sell myne and get that one..

Tri-Z dude
02-09-2003, 01:31 PM
u mean sell trailprotrailpro DX for the SX
i wouldnt do that
if trailprotrailpro talkin about a diff trike then go for it
Ben