PDA

View Full Version : finally, getting motor rebuilt, what else to do??

Oldshell4481
07-18-2005, 09:08 PM
i finally took my motor to get rebuilt, while the motor is out of the frame is there anything i should do??
i cleaned her up is about it.
if i have the money i am getting new sprockets and a chain, new exhaust, my rear brakes are gone, i checked over the frame and it looks great, worn off paint in spots.
im friggin pumped to get this motor back and am praying to god that it comes out ok.i have had this thing over a month and still have never ridden a 200x.

chris200x
07-18-2005, 09:12 PM
That's funny I was just thinking about you yesterday. Thinking about PMing you and asking I guess I don't have to now.

don't feel bad I have my 200x over a year and haven't gotten to ride it yet! As grandpa always said "Good things come to those who wait!" Since you have it all apart now is the time to touch that frame up.

Oldshell4481
07-18-2005, 09:25 PM
lol how should i go about that i do not really want to rip everything off and sandblast and powdercoat, money is still an issue i just dont have the heart to sell this thing regardless of my monetary situation, i might just throw sand and rattle can the spots and throw a sticker over each spot, also helps horsepower ya know.. i couldnt believe how nice the swingarm looked under all the grease, wicked clean...

Old 179
07-18-2005, 09:30 PM
How about changing brake fluid, check wheel bearings/seals, pull axle and inspect. replace bearings/seals in swing arm ,pull swing arm bolt and inspect ,bearings too. change front shock oil, if they leaked put in new seals, repack steering stem bearings, clean carb. you mention sprockets / chain , relube all control cables, ect ect ect Month will go by fast and you have lots to do

Oldshell4481
07-18-2005, 09:36 PM
haha thats the thing i only gotta wait a week and a half, swingarm is not being pulled due to the fact that everyone has troubles, and the swingarm is fine(if it aint broke dont fix it), wheel bearings are fine, no brake fluid necessary for my rear brakes, already cleaned carb..

Maine_Triker
07-18-2005, 11:32 PM
HMMM... I think all you have left to do is come up here and ride :D

Old 179
07-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Have you ever changed brake fluid? should every two years. The problem on swing arms most people don't know how to take care of them. The don't fix if not broken tought will leave you stranded on trails some day. Maintainance is not taken lightly by me. Thats why i thought you were serious on suggestions and I responded. I raced competition 82-87 and check and went threw every thing between events. I very seldom broke

chris200x
07-19-2005, 03:19 AM
Have you ever changed brake fluid? should every two years. The problem on swing arms most people don't know how to take care of them. The don't fix if not broken tought will leave you stranded on trails some day. Maintainance is not taken lightly by me. Thats why i thought you were serious on suggestions and I responded. I raced competition 82-87 and check and went threw every thing between events. I very seldom broke

got any old photos? not that I don't believe you just that it would be cool to see :cool:

Yes I agree. Doing things half fast ain't the way to go! That's why it's taking me sooo long to get my 200x going but it's worth it in the long run. :rolleyes:

Oldshell4481
07-19-2005, 11:26 AM
i was lookin over my swingarm a few minutes ago and it has a grease fitting on it, i didnt know if that was normal so i checked my roller and that one doesnt have a grease fitting, is it alright that there is a grease fitting in this??? i will change brake fluid..

Old 179
07-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Old photo's? could. Have to wait till weekend for my boy to help. Most would be from a kodak disc camera. Quality may not be much though. How about 1982s with flat track tires all around; a 82 250r with flat track set up; 85tri-z with Bills pipe, 86 250r with short coarse tank. Nothing fancy but it got the job done.

Old 179
07-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Oh, avatar is from Loreta Lynn's "Dirt days" in 1987. Notice my #