PDA

View Full Version : how can I make a 110 go through snow better

atc110
02-08-2003, 07:43 PM
I was just wondering if there's anything I can do to make a 1985 ATC110 go through snow better?
Thanks

J.D.
02-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Put snow tires on it.

jeswinehart
02-08-2003, 10:36 PM
i have had great success with putting chains on all 3 tires. look around and see if somebody you know has any car tire chains. you can put thenm on and cut off the extra. also, i used bungee cords or rope to cinch them dowm. don't rely on the chain staying in place cause you have them tighter then all get out,,, they will come off and tears the beat your fenders to stinking peices! both outside + inside, lash them together. i'm talking sidewall area when i say lash them together inside and out.
you will be able to do some serious digging with chains !

john

atc110
02-09-2003, 05:48 PM
does anyone know if there was ever a ski or anything like that made to go onto the fork of a 110?

jeswinehart
02-09-2003, 09:19 PM
yes,,, there was a factory ski made for original 70, 90 + 110 atc's.
my brother jim got one with his new 1970 atc 90 when he got home from the war. if i remember right it would flip up towards the headlight when not in use and flip down and lock or stop in the downwards position.
i don't recall it having really deep ribs in it either but it did have ribs to catch the snow.

john

GreenLightening
02-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Back in the day my old man had a new 185. he Had a ski that you could put on the front in place of the tire. I dont remember much about it. Do remember it did work pretty good. He stopped using it cause it was kind of a hassle replacing the front tire all the time. Wassnt really worth it cause the dog went pretty good in snow with the front tire. Might actually still have the ski hanging around somewhere yet. Ill have to look around.

atc110
02-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Hey
Please look for it. Tell me if you'd ever want to sell it, and if you don't I'd love to see a pic.

Tri-Z_Jim
02-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Let me hook a chain from your trike to my friends 700 Sportsman w/27" BlkWaters.Your 110 will be able to go thru 30 inches of snow forwards backwards sideways or upside down :)
Seriously, New tires make a big difference regardless what tread they are. Realtors and Blkwaters are good for traction but they slide out easy and are 6ply(very hard rubber).4 ply is what a majority of tires are.Wooly boogers are a favorite snow tire also. Holeshots,turf tamers are not good in the snow.I personally think tire chains put alot of extra wear and tear on the drivetrain and or bearings.If a tire throws a chain while driving/spinning (not a 110 tire) ,It becomes a weapon that will shred plastic and flesh.Ice screws give you better traction in snow also but get ripped out when they cath a log or rock. The ski sounds cool,I've never seen 1. You could make it a dualie to.
I have a YTM200 that has stock rear tires w/80% tread left and it goes thru more snow than my blaster.I have a 25" turfbuster(walmart) on the front that floats on the snow.WHat kind of tires do you have now?

atc110
02-11-2003, 10:36 AM
right now on the back I have 22x11x8 Dunlop knobbys and on the front a 22x11x8 Dunlop TrailPro