PDA

View Full Version : Brake Light on 350x?

DeePa
07-17-2005, 08:53 PM
I have one of those aftermarket tail lights which have that third wire which brightens up the lights when grounded to the frame or a piece of aluminum.

Right now i have it plugged in, so the tail light is always nice and bright, but how can i make it turn on when i apply either the front or rear, or at least rear brakes?

the cable isnt that long, but im sure that it wouldnt be a problem to splice a longer one on there.

Can anyone think of a way to make that piece of metal at the end of the wire ground to the frame or some other piece of aluminum when i push/pull the brake levers?

I think it would be kind of cool to have something like this....

Any ideas are welcomed...

Thanks,
Mike

nouseforaname90
07-17-2005, 09:37 PM
I don't think you can. Unless you somehow make it so that when you pull the brake, a piece of metal on the brake connects with another piece of metal on the frame that is attatched to that wire.. which would take an awful lot of time.

200xman
07-17-2005, 09:40 PM
My KFX 400 quad has a brake light and the switch is hooked to the rear brake pedal by a small spring. The switch mounts to the frame right above the pedal. It should be easy to adapt one from any enduro bike too.

DeePa
07-18-2005, 09:50 PM
any other ideas? keep them coming....

Thanks,
Mike

deathman53
07-18-2005, 10:02 PM
for most endure bikes you can get a banjo bolt with the sensor in it, my xr250r has that. you cah get hat bolt form baja designs #120104, that will fit most of the master cylinders for our tikres and atv's