PDA

View Full Version : Rear axle 225 YTM 3-wheeler question.

Darek
02-08-2003, 06:39 PM
Hi everone. First i'd like to say Hi since I am new to this board. I have a question. I am trying to remove the pinion in the rear axle of my 225 YTM 3-wheeler. A ball bearing is missing, and I want to add a new one. How do I go about doing this? I have the entire axle in peices, expect I cannot seperate the pinion from the housing.
Thanks!
-Darek[/code]

Darek
02-09-2003, 12:39 AM
BTT. Thanks. :)

Darek
02-09-2003, 07:43 PM
No one knows? :( This is killing me...I called everyone I knew and no one knows. Also, does anyone know where I can get new seals and bearings for the axle?
Thanks!
-Darek

Tri-Z dude
02-09-2003, 09:50 PM
show me a pic of it and ill tell u
i went to bearing places
i got a couple seals and a couple of bearings at yamaha'
the others from bearing suppliers
about $92 worth of bearings and seals in the rear end
not counting swingarm bearings and seals
Ben

smokinwrench
02-10-2003, 12:42 AM
I just looked in my clymer manual and it says,alot of special yamaha tools are needed for assembly and disassembly and the cost of these tools would cost more than the repair. Book says take it to your local yamaha shop. :? As for the axle bearings and seals I would goto JC Whitney ATV they list them real cheap. It cost me about $200 for bearings and seals for axle and swing arm for mine . Good luck on the pinion. Josh

Darek
02-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Thanks guys. It looks to be me as though I need to make my own special socket to remove the sleeve around the pinion to get acess to the bearing. The whole bearing is junk, since the balls fell out :x Thanks for the tips on where to get seals/bearings. I will post pictures tonight to give you guys a sense of my current situation.
-Darek

Tri-Z dude
02-10-2003, 07:13 PM
i didnt use special tools
Ben