PDA

View Full Version : got the ol' x goin again...

83185s
07-17-2005, 02:19 AM
well just like the title says..got my 200x goin again..i rebuilt it today and put in the stock piston..had to use a 200m cylinder tho because the other x cylinder was bored 25 over..and it smokes bad so i didnt use that one.. this one smokes a little bit but not much..its got alot of power still with the stock piston and stuff...im tellin ya guys.. dont buy the vesrah or cometic gasket kits.. buy the moose brand or oem...the moose brand is a bit thicker and stronger...i like them...i can kick start it now also..without the 12:1 it actually works! lol..and its still has bunches of power... im likin it stock too..i think ill keep it that way till i gotta change it...i proly lwont buy and more "high compression pistons" unless its only a 10 or 10.5 :1 ...no more 12:1 's tho...i havnt messed with the idle tho..i need to idle it up a bit cause i gotta twist it just a little to idle...the only problem im gonna have tomarrow when i go riding is kickin it over..it slipped today and the recoil came back and hit my acillies (spelling) tendon on the back of my ankle im limpin every where ... it hurts...its also bruised too..lol..i think ima wear my riding boots tomarrow to ensure "safety" lol...just thought id share that with you guys..o and i fixed the oil leaks!

90nut
07-17-2005, 09:44 AM
well it is good that your 200x finally runs. But I hate moose gaskets. I used a set on my tecate and they didn't fit worth a darn. I say oem, cometic, or vesrah. I have always had good luck with them.

jeswinehart
07-17-2005, 04:23 PM
you gonna be able to ride with us at the badlands in august ???

john

83185s
07-18-2005, 01:25 AM
what day in august?? cause i start school agian on the 17th..i should be able to..if i still have a job and have the money...it runs great...the vesrah ones i get keep blowin...i dunno why..so i dont get them any more..lol..its cool tho we all got are preferences...i need to get brakes stil and then i should be good to go..thats if i havnt got the 250r by then...btw just a ? but is there anyway to put an x engine on a 185 frame? with out having to modify anything? because i got brakes on the 185 and i dont on the x..lol...and id really really like to go back into the woods..

Vealmonkey
07-18-2005, 01:41 AM
Glad you got the x going. They are great trikes. I used to have one and I kind of miss it now. It would probably be easier to fix your brakes on the x than it would be to put everything into the s. I know the brakes are alot better on an x when they are working.

83185s
07-18-2005, 09:56 PM
well all i need for the back is the mounts and bolts..i have all the stuff for it except for that..i have nothin fro the front...i need to probly rebuild the rear caliper tho..it doesnt like to go back unless i pry it back...lol..i let it soak in wd-40, oil, gas, diesle , kerosene..alot of different stuff but it doesnt seem to want to retract...i duno

kilabeez0
07-18-2005, 10:44 PM
did you ever try running the proper octane gas?

83185s
07-19-2005, 12:39 AM
proper octane with the 12:1 in it? i could only afford 93 with a bottle of octane booster every time i filled it up...it ran pretty good...but i am thinkin that it runs better now..and the simple fact that it was a pos..lol..not now tho..i ran about 20 miles today with it not dying once..i felt good...and it still has over 3/4 of a tank! it still has the 93 with octan booster in it..it had about 1/2 tnak of that and then i filled it back up with 89 because its back to stock so i dont NEED to run high octane..but im not putting in lower than 89 in it..ill prolly run 93 for awhile...