PDA

View Full Version : Tearin Down The 200x...Again..

200xadam
07-15-2005, 02:45 PM
ok. about a week ago about my motor spraying oil a lot. well with the help of jenn we have decided its my crank case not breathing properly, thats why im getting oil spraying out of the breather. and its not breathing correctly because i either have my rings in wrong, or i have a bad bore job.

ive got her all torn apart and i will be taking her to the dealer that did my bore to mic the cylinder. and if they did a bad bore...there most likely goona have to buy me a new cylinder...since it was bored .80 over theres not much they can do...

and if thats not the case something is up with my piston, i would have to have the rings in wrong... so we shall see. ill keep you guys posted on the monster of troubles...

vartiak15
07-15-2005, 07:02 PM
thats why i like to leave stock bore with a more high compression pistion. do you get any extra horses form boring it out?

shudup
07-15-2005, 07:49 PM
you get a bit more power from a bigger displacement but he may of done it because he had no choice because of a wore cylinder

200xadam
07-15-2005, 11:04 PM
i bought a cylinder off of a friend for 5 bucks just to bore out so i could have a big bore top end and i have a stock bore with a 10:1 piston for a spare.

so i am prepared for a blow. but i dont plan on having one

83185s
07-16-2005, 02:51 AM
i jsut got my 200x top end gaskets..its time to tear mine down also and replace it all..and my 12:1 isnt goin back on...unless i somehow find the money to buy the 6.50 a gallon race gas...ill prolly just put the stock piston back in with a regular 200cc clyinder from the 200m...becuase my 200x stock cylinder is bored with a honda .25 over..and its in need of a bigger piston..whoever did the bore job did it good but way to big for it..it slides in and out way to wasy and it smoke up a storm ..well it did last time i put it in one of my machines..so yea...anyone know if moose gaskets are good? because they look alot better than cometic and vesrah...id like to get oem but i dont have the money...well im off to bed

200xadam
07-17-2005, 06:13 PM
when they did the bore job did * give them the piston * would be useing as a refference?? becuase if * did and they screwed up its their fault..