PDA

View Full Version : tri-z extended axle question

dmotoxrider
07-14-2005, 02:30 AM
well i'm gonna buy the +4 extended swingarm off of hagen tomorrow so now i'm looking at getting an extended axle. i've been looking at the lonestar axcalibar axle. i think it adjusts from +2 to +4. i would like to get the whole set up with the hubs, locknut, sprocket hub and brake disc hub. if i did that would i have to run a sprocket made for the banshee and also a brake disc or would the tri-z stuff be the same bolt pattern? would my back brake caliper still work with this or would i have to use one off of a banshee? i'm not sure if the stock bearings would work either. if anyone has done this setup before could you please reply. i would hate to buy the stuff and have it not work.

Billy Golightly
07-14-2005, 08:49 AM
I've never done the banshee swap, but I'm pretty sure mikefromlongisland and maybe a few other guys have. I went with a Durablue (And you can even get those cheap G-force axles now) from a YFZ450 quad. I changed to YFZ axle bearings and seals in the carrier, had to machine the brake hub a little bit and used the stock YFZ sprocket hub, and a different sprocket from the Z ( different bolt pattern) it works great, and really stablized it.

TimSr
07-14-2005, 07:32 PM
The OEM Banshee and TriZ axle are exactly the same. The sprocket hub, and sprocket bolt pattern are exactly the same (as is the Blaster). The brake disk is different between the Banshee and TriZ. Im not sure about the brake rotor but I believe they are different as well.

dmotoxrider
07-15-2005, 02:41 AM
so i might just have to figure out how to make the brake set up work.