PDA

View Full Version : 200s fuel problems plz hlp

Atc200Irv
07-13-2005, 01:00 AM
alright, so today i just bought a 200s of a buddy of mine for 150. adding to my now collection of two!! yay! lol a 200 and a 200s, but yeah ne who i bought it today and the kid said it runs fine... well somtimes people are wrong, lol any who, i get this thing, plugs fouled out, hasnt run in a while, stuck in 3rd gear (dont worry the kid didnt ride it enough to fry the clutch) and the breather lines are spewing gas every where... lol so after fiddiling with it, and welding a new shifter on i get it to run and shift through the gears. it runs but occasionally will bog down and die, could it be the float sticking, or could my fuel valve be bad? and why does it just shoot gasoline out of the brether tubes. so could some of * more experenced riders maybe give me a little advice? im dieing to get this thing wide open lol with out having to worry about it. lol so tell me!! what must i do adjust the idle, replaces vavle? clean the carb? do all of them lol tell me!! and how do i make it quite spittin our gas, that stuffs gettin expensive.

thanks,
Ryan

bigredhead
07-13-2005, 08:32 AM
the " Breather Tube " is located on the tranny.. it would spit nothing but OIL.. not gas... if it is.. you got serious problem man !!!!. lol...

Seriously.. i think you mean the overflow lines on the carb ? right ?

Either :

1- the line on the bottom of the carb.. vertical.. is the bowl drain line.. if that's the problem slightly tighten the flat head screw at the very bottom of the bowl.

2- the line on the side of the carb..mid way. horizontal. if this spitting gas then there are a few possibilites... either the needle and seat are not stopping the fuel once the bowl is full and it spits out.. or the float is not floating and it sinks letting too much gas in the bowl.. or someone had the carb apart and the float got mis-adjusted and is not at the proper height.

Either way.. the carb will have to come off and be cleaned out.. i would suggest a rebuild kit.. about 20 $ and it replaces all the jets. needle and seal.. 0-rings springs etc..... worth it !

Good luck !

straight pipe
07-13-2005, 08:43 AM
yup rebuild the sucker and don't forget to tear the petcock apart and clean everything. spend a few extra bucks and replace all the vent tubes and the fuel line. a while back i had a tube plug up on my sx and it pissed gas into my air box. but if it was running iy flooded out.

Atc200Irv
07-14-2005, 12:46 AM
alright, today i was playing with it, and got it to stop doing that, and now its leaking oil! damn!!! lol i think theres a bad gasket