PDA

View Full Version : Head light problem on 350x

gm991@excite.co
07-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Just picked up a 350x
My head lights don't work.
I have not really looked at it yet, but was wondering if there is a fuse some were for the lights before I start buying bulbs?

thanks
GM991

350x'inNY
07-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm991@excite.co
You have a 350x??
My head lights don't work.
I have not really looked at it yet, but was wondering if there is a fuse some were for the lights before I start buying bulbs?

thanks
GM991

Start it up... I assume you know it has to be running (no batteries) Did you try on Hi and Lo beam? Does the tail light work? I'd check first check that they are plugged in behind each bulb. Each HL has a pig tail wires with 3 connections. If Hi and Lo are all "burned out" and tail light is not working, I would guess the lighting coil is toast. ( If the bulbs are all literally blown, then I'd be looking at a voltage regulator (thing back under the seat latch)

Bruce

oddball3
07-12-2005, 12:02 AM
I had a problem with mine when I first bought it, one buld was burned out put a new on in, started it up put the head lights on, it went bright and blew out. There was corrosin on the housing where the base of the bulb made its ground. Cleaned the little corosion and they have been working great ever since. Check for a bad ground.

350Xccelerator
07-12-2005, 12:15 AM
could be the voltage regualtor to, make sure you check that, my lights werent working properly a while back and i noticed that the voltage regulator would get really hot, so i bought a new one and that was that... good luck