PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Flite Desert Seat anyone?

vartiak15
07-11-2005, 09:20 AM
if you have one please post a pic of it. after doing some serious ridding at the badlands over this weekend i found out i need one. lol. so if you have one can * post a pic and tell me if it is worth it. i dont care how it looks i think they look good so if * dont like how it looks you dont need to say "thoes things are ugly as hell" ok. thanks guys

blazer dont * got a few?

350x'inNY
07-11-2005, 01:25 PM
I have one on my 82R.... I like it. Foam needs to be a little more dense for me to "love" it. Or I need to lose some sasquatch weight! Pics attached... I think the cop was checking out the seat while Holic was trying to strike up a conversation! Oh... in the one pic of my 3 trikes..... the 82R in the pic w/fairing and w/o a top end has a safety seat. My running 82R has the desert safety seat. You can see the difference well in that pic...

Bruce

Dammit!
07-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Fox250R has a nice one on his R.

hrc200x
07-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Here is mine, the 350x on the side looks about as close to factory as it can be, but they put a Hi-Flite patch on the back, doesn't say Honda. I was hoping it was going to be softer, its very hard. I weight 155, and hardly sink into the foam.

350x'inNY
07-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Here is mine, the 350x on the side looks about as close to factory as it can be, but they put a Hi-Flite patch on the back, doesn't say Honda. I was hoping it was going to be softer, its very hard. I weight 155, and hardly sink into the foam.

I sat on a 350X one before and it seemed a lot more dense than the one on my 250R. You can choose what they put on them too... you might be able to request that they don not put the patch on the back, and take it to a vinyl lettering/sign banner place and see if they could put HONDA on it...

Bruce

vartiak15
07-11-2005, 07:54 PM
its good its stiff im 200lbs so that should be good.

Red Rider
07-11-2005, 08:30 PM
...you might be able to request that they don not put the patch on the back, and take it to a vinyl lettering/sign banner place and see if they could put HONDA on it...
I doubt they will leave off their trademark. When I was searching for a new seat cover for my 250R, I called a parts distributor that had good prices on Hi-Flight products & put in an order for a standard size, red, 250R seat cover. I asked the lady, that I was placing the order with, if there was anyway to leave off the Hi-Flight patch. She said she would put that request in the remarks section of the order form. About a day later, she called back and said Hi-Flight will not leave off their logo, so I cancelled the order & went with a CEET product, which has "CEET" stenciled on it instead of "HONDA", but it looks better than the patch.

1984kxtTECATE
07-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Here's mine

Its sinks great for me, nice and comfortable :cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/84tecate/MichaelsCar046.jpg

350x'inNY
07-11-2005, 09:21 PM
I doubt they will leave off their trademark. When I was searching for a new seat cover for my 250R, I called a parts distributor that had good prices on Hi-Flight products & put in an order for a standard size, red, 250R seat cover. I asked the lady, that I was placing the order with, if there was anyway to leave off the Hi-Flight patch. She said she would put that request in the remarks section of the order form. About a day later, she called back and said Hi-Flight will not leave off their logo, so I cancelled the order & went with a CEET product, which has "CEET" stenciled on it instead of "HONDA", but it looks better than the patch.

I ordered mine directly from Hi-Flite www.hi-flite.com They seemed very flexible when I called them.... I didn't ask about the rear "patch" though.... considering it was majorly different from the stock seat, who would I be kidding to put HONDA on the back!! :p

Fox250R
07-12-2005, 01:05 AM
here ya go :)

vartiak15
07-12-2005, 12:12 PM
how do you like it? looks sweet. what does it cost? and is it extra to get the atc on the side?

Fox250R
07-12-2005, 04:30 PM
I believe i paid 160 shipped....And the logo was included and he said he could put any logo i wanted, and any color as well...He had all the old style logos for any bike 200x,350x Tri-Z or a Tecate and so on.....And as far as the seat itself goes i love it..Its easy to hold on too when your going fast,turning or jumping..And it doesn't beat your nads up as much as you think it would...It's awesome for when you have a passenger too...I'd never go back to a stock seat. NEVER!!! :)

vartiak15
07-12-2005, 04:35 PM
damn well i just got a ticket going to the bearing place so it looks like the seat will have to wait aobut 2 weeks. (im never going to get a car as long as i got this damn wheeler lol)

Fox250R
07-12-2005, 04:43 PM
lolololol..........

350x'inNY
07-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Seems like I only paid like $120 for my 250R seat, but it was a multi item purchase through the "banned and nameless".... seems like they quoted me a price of like $139 shipped for a 350X seat.... and that's to NY from Cali!

Bruce

hrc200x
07-12-2005, 06:56 PM
My hi flite was like $133 shipped. A air or electric stapler is a must for putting it on, a office stapler won't even start to go into the plastic. I'd like to know why they make different density foams for different bikes.

350x'inNY
07-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Not sure about the density thing.... The 81-82R pan is metal, so I ended up paying a local upolstry/automotive guy $20 to put mine one... he had to stretch it over those metal tabs... he also glued it down nicely all the way around.... Don't think I'll ever have to take that seat off! The material they use for the cover is very thick compared to stock OEM.

Bruce